Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Steering Knuckle / Spindle knuckle

811 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  12_valve_Cummins95 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I am in need of a new steering knuckle / spindle knuckle depending who you ask.. Passenger side broke on me.... it a 94 2500 4x4 with dana 60 i have learned they are no longer in production. Any one know where i may find one ? No luck at the local junk yards. I seem to remember certain ford knuckles may cross over ?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I would say just look for the whole thing and do the manual hub conversation. Entire axle from F250/350 ‘92-‘97. An article on DTR says it’s direct bolt in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Jump on car-part.com and start making calls/shooting emails out. A quick search showed like 6 pages of results for me.

#4 ·
It is pretty much a bolt in, same ball joints and u-joints. But you will have to have the center of the Ford hub milled down to fit the Dodge wheel. And since Ford is a one piece knuckle you need to get one from a 4x4 . So I got better stopping and got away from those unit bearing and have good old cone bearing now.

Attachments

Reactions: CHarrison9612v
#5 ·
Hello all,
I am in need of a new steering knuckle / spindle knuckle depending who you ask.. Passenger side broke on me.... it a 94 2500 4x4 with dana 60 i have learned they are no longer in production. Any one know where i may find one ? No luck at the local junk yards. I seem to remember certain ford knuckles may cross over ?
Keep looking... complete diffs are $100-300 around here. Nobody parts them out further because of how little they're worth.

Ford stuff can fit - as an assembly, from the balljoints out. You want a whole Ford D60 (92-97; but pref. 95-97) to go this route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.