Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has a 4 inch lift and i just rebuilt the whole front end converted to T style steering, and rolled with all performance parts. Im wondering if for a truck with a 4 inch lift would it have tracking problems after allignment? It has balljoints that are new as well but still seems to zig zag a bit without adjusting accordingly while driving. I have 33 inch toyo mt tires on it as well. Any reccomendations?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
What all got replaced/rebuilt? Steering gear? Steering column bushing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the synergy heavy duty steering kit drag link tie rods, control arms, ball joints, did heavy duty steering bracket. Put new steering box in, did the sway bar end links, did pretty much anything front end. Front end axel seals were done as well.

·
Registered
18,324 Posts
You could seek out an alignment shop that deals with lifted/big tired trucks. Or, you could experiment with a measuring tape. Put jacks under both sides and lift the truck by the suspension, not the frame. Using one inch wide masking tape around the circumference of the tire and a marker pen, spin the tire holding the pen stationary against the tape. Do both tires. Measure the distance between the lines at the front and rear of the tires. The front measurement should be slightly less (toe-in). Using that data you can make small adjustments to the toe-in until you find the right setting.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have found lifted trucks track better with about 1/8 toe in. If toe is out a bit. It can cause it to wiggle down the road.
If you had it aligned. Take it back. Tell them your problem Have them check it again. They should not charge for it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Caster is also an important alignment setting for directional stability.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
4" lift = Adj Trac Bar and the mount that goes with it . Spendy .
no more than 1/8" toe in , and more castor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts