Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
You think if I retorqued the BJ's they'll loosen up ? I can do it now that it's warm out. Or should I buy new?

·
Supporting Vendors
9,579 Posts
It's free to try, and I like free. You can try the free option first, then put new ball joints in if it doesn't work. Keep in mind, if you are using a splined ball joint, the more you change them out, the more you stretch out and damage the bores in your axles.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
One set was splined...I think the lowers. I talked to napa and they'll let me return them . Thinking I'll buy carlis instead. Also was planning on adding lock outs..m

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
UPDATE..... after 6 long months, finally fixed it by replacing the damn Napa ball joints with Carli joints. 4000 miles on the BJ's and they were shot....tight as hell, grinding when I turned them.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
this is why I replaced the ones in my truck with something better than junk. I went through like 6 sets in my old truck, sure....lifetime warranty, but what a pain in the . my time is worth something...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Fortunately for me, I know all the employees so I got my money back, plus I had put new unit bearings in that they fully refunded, so it helped a bit with the Carli BJ's and Spyntec hubs.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.