Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· TPMS adjustment guy
1,500 Posts
You still have the factory drag link? They can be junk .. flimsy and possibly made of swiss cheese :hehe: I went thru 2 before finally upgrading to the Synergy HD Steering Kit

· TPMS adjustment guy
1,500 Posts
I agree but mine never steered well after the N49 recall. I tried several things including the Redhead steering box and it finally feels good after installing the Synergy kit. I think the OE drag link can literally flex and warp from the weight in the front end of these trucks. When I would adjust the coupler to center the steering wheel I could feel the arch of the drag link when it should be straight.

· TPMS adjustment guy
1,500 Posts
Update..... I've added a steering gear box brace and put a new draglink in.... the tierods ends pop up and down when I turn the wheel. Still have the steering issue as described. I noticed my swaybar end links are bent so I'm replacing them. I messed with my caster, was set at 12. Moved to 1, 130, and 2. Steering was better at 130 and 2, but at 2, I noticed my u joint at my pinion is leaking grease so I backed it to 1pm. I'm thinking I may need to clock my transfer case and put them at 3 and 9....
I don't think your tie rods ends should be moving as you describe! Also, which draglink and ball joints did you go with?

· TPMS adjustment guy
1,500 Posts
Who's installing these parts and doing the alignment? Alignment printout? You can check the alignment toe with a tape measure. You want a slight 'toe in' so measuring center to center on the front of the tires should be about 1/8" less than measuring the same on the back side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.