Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Would anyone know or be able to point me towards a picture step by step to get the steering gearbox off?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
real simple. tie steering wheel to seat via seatbelt to prevent steer wheel from turning and messing spring. knock off draglink at pitman arm with a big hammer and dont be shy. undo hoses. undo bracket to frame bolts. damn iv done it so many times now with all my steering bs. while ur apart ditch the factory steering that creates so many problms and convert to reverse rotation steer. best thing i did to my truck thusfar. pm me if ur interested

Reactions: dieseljunkiejoe

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks! I'm having a hard time with that last buried nut and bolt, any tricks there?

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
lay under truck and reach up under top of frame with a long wrench should come out easy . as for cross over it's the best thing you can do to a first gen truck .
google dana 60 cross over steering

Reactions: dieseljunkiejoe

·
Registered
4 Posts
got a thud yesterday evening, knew it was steering, was at barn, thought hmmm not good.. checked a little bit ago.. bottome bolt going thru frame that pc of the bracket, snapped and frame also with massive crack.. uuughhh some way she was about to make me say okay time for a front to rear redo..

41 - 46 of 46 Posts