Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced my steering box, pump, and hoses on my 1994 dodge ram 2500, used all napa reman parts. the steering did not have any return, and there was play still in the steering. so i loosened the allan bolt, there is still a lot of play in the steering. I got underneath the truck and turned the shaft with my hand and i can turn the shaft is about a quarter to a third of a turn and the wheels do not move. the track bar was replaced, and some other misc steering bushings, the front end was aligned and the mechanic said everything was tight underneath. Any suggestions, should i go with an aftermarket unit or replace mine with another napa reman, thanks in advance

·
Registered
861 Posts
huh, thats odd. it must be the power steering box, i dont know what else it could be. there shuld be a warrenty on the box if you just replaced it.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Steering Help

'Rock Solid' Ram Truck Steering !
THIS TOOK CARE OF MY BUDDIES SLOPPY STEERING ISSUES. HE REPLACED EVERYTHING AND DIDN'T FIX THE PROBLEM. THIS BUSHING KIT DID.

·
Registered
273 Posts
there is something wrong with the reman box. napa should have no problem exchangeing that for you. good luck

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have a simaliar deal, my 99 has fairly new front end parts and is very tight but I can move the steering shaft atleast 1/8 of a turn with no movement on the out put side, I am thinking I need a new gear box or should I try to adjudt it first?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i ended up replacing the box, made a big difference, steering is actually tight, has return and no play. thanks for all the replies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts