Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, if you don't have one, get one.I never had the death wobble or steering wander. After I added the 355 tires my steering got a bit sloppy. Install is very straightforward.
After the install I backed out of the driveway and accelerated to the first stop sign and turned. It was more than obvious how tighter and more responsive my steering is.Matter of fact, my test drive was me actually driving around the block. That good.
By the way, the factory steering nut is a 1 5/8. You can use a socket. The new nut/shaft is longer. I don't have/neither does Sears a socket deep enough. I had to buy a $30.00 Craftsman wrench.
Before you buy any other mod, buy a steering box brace.
I have a Poly Performance.

· Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
667 Posts
my buddy just installed his and said it made world of diff. i said "yea my truck needs one and he." said yea your truck drives like shi!*t steering wise" all i could say is im on 38's and ur not

· Registered
45 Posts
all i could say is im on 38's and ur not
LOL, That is funny, but the truth is. . . The steering sector shaft support makes the truck driveable again. I had so much slop in my truck that I was afraid to drive it. I ordered the Defiant piece and installed it in about 7 minutes with the help of a buddy. That is #2 on my list of must do items on my next Dodge. The first being Twins. . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.