Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...new to the forum and looking for input from anyone who has done some of this work that I'm planning to do to mine.

I'm running a 2007.5 Ram 2500 6.7L QC 8' with just short of 125k on it. I bought it 6/2012 with 111k. Far as I know, it's bone stock except for the Dodge Steering Stabilizer I installed last August. I went from slightly sloppy steering to solid. Great investment.

Well...we've had a colder than average winter here in Milwaukee and the usually crappy roads have gotten crappier. My shocks, which appear to be OE/stock units, are completely shot and I notice a slight front end rattle when I hit a bump or pothole. I had a friend turn the steering wheel back and forth with the engine off while I watched the front end. Everything looked solid, except the tie rod next to the front right wheel...it was popping up and down.

So, I've ordered this kit from steering upgrade kit and hope to get it by next weekend. I also have a set of Rancho RS7000MT's and I hope to get the whole shmear done over the weekend.

I've seen posts on replacing the shocks and that doesn't look too difficult. But, any tricks to replacing the steering linkage? Any pitfalls or is it pretty straightforward?

·
Registered
413 Posts
A good tie rod and pitman arm puller is a must. Don't try to beat it out with a fork. Soak everything in PB blaster or Kroil for a few days too. It's pretty straight forward

1 - 2 of 2 Posts