Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has bought a steel black toolbox for a pickup?? what brands do you like, im sick of all this cheap chunk out there, i really want a beefy one thats not gonna get messed up or nothing. just lookin for some pointers. thanks in advance.
also with stacks does anybody use the single lid style and do they hit the pipes if they are close enough? i kinda like the dual lid style.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I have a DELTA, paid something like $250 for it, its ok, but in 1 years time only the drivers side will latch. My dad has the same problem with his Tractor Supply Company box (about the same price). IT seems to me that you get what you pay for with these boxes, the only good sturdy ones i've seen were in the $400-$500 range. Lowe's has a pretty good selection...

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
Check out the American Work Cover by Truck cover USA. It's not huge but it comes with a built-in tonneau cover and the quality is unbelievable!!! I went to their warehouse in San Diego and the owner showed me around their new building and he let me get hands-on with the SEMA truck they built.
American Work Cover
Oh yeah... MADE IN THE USA!

·
Diesel South
1,545 Posts
weather guard is the only way to go for an awesome beefy box! i have one that was on another truck that i flipped about 7 times and all it did was dent the box that i knocked out with a hammer

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I had a tractor supply box it broke and now i got one from lowes and it broke.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've had the Weather Guard side boxes which are convenient, but a bit small. They did tend to leak. Have a Weather Guard chest type box now that is great, but I can't stand having to climb in the bed to get anything out of the box. I'm getting a used set of Job Box side boxes that are larger than the Weather Guards that I think I'm going to like. I also like the latches better on the Job Box. All of them are aluminum diamond plate.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
weather guard is the only way to go for an awesome beefy box! i have one that was on another truck that i flipped about 7 times and all it did was dent the box that i knocked out with a hammer
weather guard was the one i was gonna go with at this point, tractor supply was another choice but based on what u guys are saying they arent the best neither.
my buddy bought a husky and all i can do is laugh at that thing.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had the Weather Guard side boxes which are convenient, but a bit small. They did tend to leak. Have a Weather Guard chest type box now that is great, but I can't stand having to climb in the bed to get anything out of the box. I'm getting a used set of Job Box side boxes that are larger than the Weather Guards that I think I'm going to like. I also like the latches better on the Job Box. All of them are aluminum diamond plate.
yeah i was also going to lean towards a steel box, ive always thought the aluminum ones were always flimsy, steels weigh 140lbs, aluminum weighs 68lbs its not a huge issue but i dont need someone cutting into mine. when i work in the city around here, if someone sees something they like and its not locked down you can consider it gone its a sad thought but some people have no respect for other peoples property.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a lowe's box. It's junk, I really recommend against buying it. You might as well stick a wrench in a pop can and throw it in the bed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i have a Pro-Tec that is nice

·
Registered
32 Posts
Weatherguard

I have had the aluminum Weatherguard single lid in all of the trucks I have owned and I would recommend them to anyone!

·
Hemi
12,651 Posts
Rawson Koenig thats prolly not how you spell it but if you want a strong beefy box this is it. My dad used it every day for years as a carpenter. Its still as nice as the day he bought it. He just put another one on his new truck. they are expensive about 600 bucks but you will NOT be dissapointed. You can get many sizes too. I have it and it's never had a latch problem and it always closes all the way. You don't have to worry about it coming open. And its about 9 years old. In my opinion it is the best toolbox you can buy. It is completely water tight too so you don't have to worry about your stuff getting wet. I may have mine up for sale here in a while when i get some stacks. The part that hangs in the bed is covered with bed liner. You can also order them in black. They have LARGE sizes too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i love my transfer flow :) now its transferring to my dodge and i just ordered the 54Gal midship tank. I do a load of driving so i like to fill up on base where diesel is 4.91(CA) but once my Fass System is in ill be Jacking me Some JP8 aka military grade diesel aka diesel with more water.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts