Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Any recent feedback on how things are going with this module?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good thread! Stealth is out of their Cummins modules until the 15th. I'm going to order one. Pretty much all positive reviews from everyone that's used one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Still going strong, have yet to dyno and not sure if I will. Still happy and truck pulls much harder from 1500-2000 rpm. But only down fall is now I have a thirst for even more power lol never satisfied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
So about a month ago I deleted my truck and took the Stealth off at the same time. For an otherwise stock truck the Stealth does add a noticeable power increase, especially on the top setting. It’s close to what a 30 hp delete tune feels like. I saw about a 1-1.5 MPG increase with the Stealth also.

When I took it off I sold it and my BD TSB and made most of my money back within a week. So it was well worth it IMO.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
How’s your clutch taking the new tuning? That was one of the reasons I chose stealth to get me by until I get the most life and money’s worth out of factory clutch and the warranty

·
Clayton @ DDP Motorsports
4,009 Posts
We sell the stealth module and have had nothing but good reviews. People who give us negative reviews have told us that it was because they had a fully deleted truck and just expected them to be much like the custom deleted tuning lol.

I understand completely but that's not what it is intended for. It definitely will fill the need to get that little bit of performance out of it and get rid of that dead pedal for sure! Lots of happy customers on our side for sure!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just installed mine... I haven’t seen a big difference yet but was told to drive it and I should after getting a few miles and it’s not n instant thing... as of now I put about 50 miles around town and I do feel a little difference... still have a bit of a dead pedal but feel it’s still there.. truck has 60k miles so not out of warranty... does a throttle booster make a big difference does it actually give you more response or just feel like it? Will it help that dead pedal feeling?

Reactions: Russ661

·
Registered
11 Posts
I really want to know how longterm this will affect the emissions as was pointed out before. I am very interested in installing one myself, but if it starts to create problems 25k down the road due to reduced cycles and just slowly stoping up the emissions it sure wouldn't be much fun. Does anyone have any longterm/many miles effects/results from running this thing?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also have this on my 2018 mega ram 2500 along with s&b cold air intake. I live in florida.my mph hand calc are around 21 mpg. I ride with setting dialed all the way up. I've had this install for 2 months now. I noticed a difference right away. Turbo lag got better. Mpg is debatable but I do mash the peddle more often now. Over power is more noticeable as well. Downside, i want to do full delete and tune now. Lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
So about a month ago I deleted my truck and took the Stealth off at the same time. For an otherwise stock truck the Stealth does add a noticeable power increase, especially on the top setting. It’s close to what a 30 hp delete tune feels like. I saw about a 1-1.5 MPG increase with the Stealth also.

When I took it off I sold it and my BD TSB and made most of my money back within a week. So it was well worth it IMO.

Question, why not keep stealth mod and run with tune?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I put mine on yesterday and drove around on setting 4. It has quite a bit more giddy-up-and-go it seems. I've only put about 70 miles on it so it will be a while before I get a MPG figure. I was getting about 15.9 mixed driving before the module hand calculated with 35x12.5x20 wheels and tire combo. And I have a lead foot.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I installed mine Last Thursday 7/19 and I’ve set it the #1, it’s made a big difference in the turbo lag and better hp/tq through out the rpm range. I’m going to keep it at the # 1 setting for a few weeks before moving it up to the next setting.

·
4,009 Posts
You will definitely be happy with it. I am a dealer for them and talk with them often getting the up to date news and the customer support is fantastic!

They are all straight up and will not try to fluff anything. They will tell you exactly what to expect and what not. The guys and gal over there have a great product for sure!

·
Registered
233 Posts
You will definitely be happy with it. I am a dealer for them and talk with them often getting the up to date news and the customer support is fantastic!

They are all straight up and will not try to fluff anything. They will tell you exactly what to expect and what not. The guys and gal over there have a great product for sure!

Have you heard of anybody’s warranty being voided because of these?

·
4,009 Posts
Have you heard of anybody’s warranty being voided because of these?

No sir i have not and the cool thing about stealth is.... ill copy and paste what i just wrote on the other thread.

The cool thing about stealth is that if you buy it from them directly or from a authorized dealer like myself, if you have any issues one day with taking it to the dealer and they try to give you some trouble over it, they have emailed and even called the dealers directly asking them to show them where it voids the warranty. They will explain to them how it works and what parameters it operates within. It operates within the stock threshold of fuel parameters. They will fight for you and help you.

If installed properly they won't be able to see it but of course if they look hard enough anything possible lol

Feel free to give me a holler or even email the guys and girls over there. They are very helpful!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
They are untraceable from a flash count perspective because they do not flash the ecu or require you to unlock it. If they dig deep enough maybe they could find something but I’m not 100% sure. I don’t even remove mine to take to the dealer and not a word has been mentioned but I also installed mine in a way that you would have to actually trace wires to find the module and the switch so at first glance you don’t see anything out of the norm under the hood.

·
4,009 Posts
They are untraceable from a flash count perspective because they do not flash the ecu or require you to unlock it. If they dig deep enough maybe they could find something but I’m not 100% sure. I don’t even remove mine to take to the dealer and not a word has been mentioned but I also installed mine in a way that you would have to actually trace wires to find the module and the switch so at first glance you don’t see anything out of the norm under the hood.

Awesome! Thanks for letting everyone know your real world experience. Helps a ton.

Also for those that don't know, it does everything after the ecm/ecu. It does not change the setting or parameters inside the ecu but rather alters them after the signals are already sent.

41 - 60 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.