Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just ticked for my 20% tint.... :thud::$::CRY:

f'n female STATE police officer.... I played the "no clue" card... but it didnt work

Must be they are starving for funds in this great state!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
yeah, worst case scenario is you dont take it off, and pay a $100 fine. or you take it off and dont pay anything. Ive been ticketed in my camaro twice.

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
wow...that sucks :thud:

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to the local Hudson Police Department..... I was hoping Id luck out and they would sign it.... but that didnt work out.... I even tried to flirt with the girl a little but no go....:thud: but she did comment on how nice the truck is:thumbsup

Ticket $85 dollars
peel the tint and have the ticket signed $0.00
re-tint $50

It goes in Saturday morning for tint :$::thud: I feel naked without it:w::rof

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Ian - There are two ways to handle the ticket.

1: Take it off and pay the fine. She didn't even write it as a wavable ticket.

2: Leave it on, Pay the fine, then go to your Eye doctor and get a perscription for the window tint that is good for three years. They when you get pulled over you flash that. I would suggest going to the SOS and having it added to your license as a restriction, but then if you get stopped driving a vehicle that doesn't have Tint then they can wrtie you for that.

On a side note, I would set it up for a court date and see if you can work something out. Play dumb... Go and get the script from your eye doctor and then go to court and say you didn't know you needed a perscription. It's worth a try.

PM me if you have any questions. :thumbsup

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
That sucks. Here in Ohio, our legal limit is 50%!!!!! WTF!!? Might as well not even bother. What's with the tint laws anyway? I do it to keep the truck cooler. Mine are 15%, and I'm just waiting on the cops to nail me!!!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I know that they were talkin about this but did u get any points for that ticket

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No points
No fine

I just had to pull the tint and have a officer sign the back of it verifying that it was removed, then mail the ticket in.

sooo it goes in Saturday for tint:thumbsup

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have 20% on my truck and had it on my jeep. If I ever get pulled over for it I will be PI$$ED. Theres so many people around here running 5% and they get away with it but yet you get busted for 20%. Thats F-ed up.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
yea i dont understand why tint is illegal in michigan, when police officers in Daytona Beach Florida have tinted windows (even front windows). It makes as much since as gas prices now days...

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
i thought in michigan it was 15%, that's what i've been told tons of times.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
2: Leave it on, Pay the fine, then go to your Eye doctor and get a perscription for the window tint that is good for three years. They when you get pulled over you flash that. I would suggest going to the SOS and having it added to your license as a restriction, but then if you get stopped driving a vehicle that doesn't have Tint then they can wrtie you for that.
I have a "Tint Exemption" (as it's called in IA) and it's only good for 35%...in EVERY state.

Tint laws are strictly for monetary gain. The benefits are overwhelming the states just don't want to lose that funding :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
wow they make you peel it off and have the cop sign... that sucks. jersey you can't have any tint even w/ the driver, behind him is ok. if you geta tint ticket just pay and keep it moving.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,909 Posts
...welcome to the communist state of michigan, where everything you thought you owned is actually owned by the government...

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Ohio's just as bad! but with better roads! Man what's with the MDOT never fixin' the freakin' roads up there?

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
hey hey hey don't dis our tire popping pot holes man!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
haha i herd if you take a picture of the worst pot hole and send it in to belletire you can win a trip to cancun.

and in michigan you can only have 4" of tint on your front windows...talk about a joke.

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah the tint law is pretty much BS, Ohio and Indiana drivers can have em but we cant...

Pot holes? we dont have any of those :thud:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts