Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
9,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You read the title right. House Bill 1286 and Senate Bill 5340 which are already in committee in conjunction with 1639's definition of an "assault weapon" will effectively ban the sale or transfer of ALL semi automatic rifles (not Just AR15/AR10/AK47, but 10/22, m14, m1, BAR, etc.) Basically if it's semi-automatic and the magazine is not inside the grip: it will become illegal to sell/buy/transfer in the state of WA. This includes FFL holders will not be able to transfer/buy/sell within the state as well nor export to out of state.

This will also outlaw magazines that hold more than 10rds of ammo and outlaw the transport of any semi automatic weapon other than to take it to the range and back home, or to take it to a licensed gunsmith, or to take it to police to be relinquished permanently... In other words it will be a felony to cross state lines while a semi-automatic rifle is in your vehicle and it would be a felony if you did so...

This state basically thinks the constitution of the United States of America is no longer valid or relevant as these laws clearly violate the 2nd, 4th, 14th, and 26th amendments to the constitution of the united states of america.

· Registered
6,173 Posts
We in New Yorkistan feel your pain! This is what our legislations have made an AR-15 look like:

I call it an ugly stick, and you don't even need to beat someone over the head with it because they'd be laughing too hard to attack you!

I made up this "cheat sheet" for what's not permitted under the NY-SAFE (oxymoron name!) Act:

· Registered
9,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We won't even be able to have a Browning BAR after this round of laws are done.

And they won't stop till there's nothing left.

I'm evacuating the state ASAP, but fighting the battles while I can until I do finally get the funds together to escape the tyranny.

Reactions: KATOOM and vreihen

· Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Once they get on a roll and have the vote of the populated areas (liberal controlled city mongers) like they saw with the last two bills it reeks havoc for everyone else trying to enjoy there rights.

Unfortunately I am stuck here due to job primarily and immediate family secondary. When I first came out here in 2007 (shore duty) it was a good place with reasonable laws for the most part. Over the last 11 years it has gone extensively down hill.

· Registered
14,945 Posts
Wow...and I thought Comifornia was bad. :thumbsdown:

Reactions: ploobr and jigabop

· Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Wow...and I thought Comifornia was bad. :thumbsdown:
California atleast the actual northern part (Jefferson state :grin2:) use to not be too bad growing up there. People still did whatever. Ofcourse I havent been back since I moved away at the age of 19 and have no plans of going back.

WA is in a big push right now from the Libs in the big city portions, a bunch of rich ones from places like SoCal and such are up here making this place there old home. The other 75% of the state has no voting power or influence. Heck I dont even know if my ballet reaches the poles or not and if it does if it is even counted with how I voted.

· Registered
9,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seriously though if the latest assault weapons ban they are trying to push goes into effect ALL and I do mean 100% of semi automatic rifles will be outlawed in WA state.

because of how they defined "semi-automatic assault weapon" in 1639: it doesn't give a crap if it doesn't have a pistol grip or doesn't have a muzzle device... basically if it operates by using a portion of energy from the discharged round to eject the spend casing and load the next round automatically = assault weapon according to the law that is already set to go live July 1st by vote of 75% of the ignorant population in this state.

They don't care what the gun looks like or what features it has. if it's semi auto and it's a rifle: it's an assault weapon. and since they are trying to ban assault weapons in the next round of laws....100% of semi-auto weapons will be illegal to sell or transfer or transport outside of locked boxes separate from ammo and unloaded magazines locked up also separate from ammo. To not comply with it would be a class C felony. Those bills effect nearly every single gun owner out there.

Also They are trying to eliminate state preemption on gun laws to allow any city/county/town to make up whatever more restrictive laws they want which means if you get into your car with a gun you may unknowingly become a felon just by crossing an invisible town/city/county line while in posession of parts or a rifle or a magazine...

if this crap passes california will seriously be a less restrictive state than WA.

· Registered
374 Posts
Lord, please smite the west coast with a mighty tidal wave and take Los Angeles, SF, Portland, and Seattle.

If you find it in your wise benevolance, please also run up the delta and grab Suckramento as well.

Thank you

Sincerely,

Free America.

· Registered
6,173 Posts
Here in upstate New Yorkistan, we are looking forward to the day in 30-40 years when the sea rise from global warming puts the liberal NYC/Lawn Guyland utopia underwater. Our votes might actually count again.....

· Registered
14,945 Posts
I may be too straightforward of a thinker but..."shall not be infringed" seems pretty clear.

· Registered
12,298 Posts
Lord, please smite the west coast with a mighty tidal wave and take Los Angeles, SF, Portland, and Seattle.

If you find it in your wise benevolance, please also run up the delta and grab Suckramento as well.

Thank you

Sincerely,

Free America.
Wishing death upon common citizens with your tidal wave isn't going to win you any points toward your ultimate destination.

· Registered
14,024 Posts
These laws are spreading. Oregon is trying to pass something similar that goes as far as trying to limit how many bullets you can buy per month to 20, unless you buy them at an approved gun range.....

Boulder County in Colorado just made it illegal to buy an "assualt weapon" if you do own one currently you must get it certified for $20 by the county. If you fail to do so then there ia huge fine if you are caught with it. worst part is it was a city council that voted it in, not a ballot vote.

A total of 341 guns were certified by the deadline the sheriff says there isn't anything he can do to uphold the law.

It is sad when Canada is starting to look like they will be "more free" in the near future.

· Registered
374 Posts
Wishing death upon common citizens with your tidal wave isn't going to win you any points toward your ultimate destination.
Relax dude, itis a joke.

Nonetheless,

Those four cities are in large part what is wrong with the US

· Registered
9,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We just need a border wall around california... We'll evacuate some of the north and put out a call to any other freedom loving gun toting citizens in cali and then close the borders to it and DEPORT all the anti-constitution californians back to california and officially dissolve the states membership status as part of the USA, pull all military forces from cali, and let the cartel and mexico have them. they can protest el chapo and see what happens without guns, border patrol, and the national guard there to protect them.

wishful thinking/humorous satire aside: the left has become quite radicalized lately based on lies and hatred and they're pushing their anti-gun agenda hard. AG bob ferguson is the main figure behind the most recent bills...he has put out almost a dozen bills to congress each in some part anti-gun to see what crap he can slip through. all aimed at banning firearms, magazines, and accessories. Even one that could put FFL's out of business in the state because it would make it illegal to transfer to an out of state person.

And yes oregons bills are pretty stupid too and made up by dumb kids. 5rd magazine limits? do those even exist outside bolt rifles, shotguns, and hand cannons? and 20rds per month...what a joke.

· Registered
245 Posts
Just ruined my day even more with all that is going on. I’ve got a CWP and semi’s. Was going to start carrying in my truck - pistol that is. Where are we headed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Seriously though if the latest assault weapons ban they are trying to push goes into effect ALL and I do mean 100% of semi automatic rifles will be outlawed in WA state.

because of how they defined "semi-automatic assault weapon" in 1639: it doesn't give a crap if it doesn't have a pistol grip or doesn't have a muzzle device... basically if it operates by using a portion of energy from the discharged round to eject the spend casing and load the next round automatically = assault weapon according to the law that is already set to go live July 1st by vote of 75% of the ignorant population in this state.

They don't care what the gun looks like or what features it has. if it's semi auto and it's a rifle: it's an assault weapon. and since they are trying to ban assault weapons in the next round of laws....100% of semi-auto weapons will be illegal to sell or transfer or transport outside of locked boxes separate from ammo and unloaded magazines locked up also separate from ammo. To not comply with it would be a class C felony. Those bills effect nearly every single gun owner out there.

Also They are trying to eliminate state preemption on gun laws to allow any city/county/town to make up whatever more restrictive laws they want which means if you get into your car with a gun you may unknowingly become a felon just by crossing an invisible town/city/county line while in posession of parts or a rifle or a magazine...

if this crap passes california will seriously be a less restrictive state than WA.
I have a Remington 742 BDL semi auto I bought new about 1978 they will play heck getting from me. It's my hunting rifle and will stay that way.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.