Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few questions. I just got my 4" MBRP exhaust kit. Just went to put it on to find that my turbo has a 5" coupler, and the down pipe I got is a 4" coupler. I cut my old exhaust out so now im screwd until I get the right exhaust. Is it ok to start my truck with NO exhaust on it. Right now its sitting in the middle of my shop, but dont want to start it to move it if it will damage something. Also truck is a early 04. paperwork that came with exhaust says its for a 03-04, so it should be the right kit. Are all early 04 turbo outlets 5"? Trying to figure out if they sent the wrong downpipe, or if I have a unusual turbo on my rig. Thanks.

·
Ontario Chapter VP
905 Posts
Fire her up! Its gonna be loud as hell, but it'll be fine. When i was putting on my stacks.... i HAD to crank it over just to hear it. I ended up driving it for about an hour without exhaust. :peelout

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Fill out your sig.

Not to be a dick, but are you sure you have the right end of the pipe? I don't think ANY of the trucks have a 5" outlet turbo. Early 'o4, it should have the 3.5" like mine. Unless somebody has swapped turbos. In that case you might have just gotten REALLY lucky!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The outlet on my turbo is 5", and the outlet on the cast elbow on the turbo is 5". It is the factory exhaust and factory turbo. I didnt relize until after I had the old exhaust out but I have 4" from the turbo back factory. Do I maybe have later 04 exhaust on it somehow? Truck was all complete and factory before I got it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Cummins is indestructible...Or atleast pretty tuff! Let it eat!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Look at the tag on the valve cover.....What H.P. is it rated at?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts