Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i think I finally figured put my power loss issue. I think the clutch is starting to slip under full throttle. I don't smell it yet but I am losing power under full throttle and everything else checks out. Its got 130,000 on it so I'm sure its on its way. Anyway trying to decide what is the best for what I do. Its a work truck and I tow between 5k-20k almost every day. usually closer to the 5k side. I have been looking at the south bends and not sure which one I should go for. i think the one rated for 550 hp is plenty but overkill is good too.:peelout I am only doing a Smarty Jr. and thats it for power mods. I just need something will good grab and as close to factory pedal pressure as possible. I already have one leg that is bigger.:lol3: Going to try and baby this one a while longer but i want to be ready when it lets go. Gotta love used trucks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You probably won't smell it unless you give it real good toasting. When mine was on it's way out, it would slip worst in 6th. I would catch up to something, put my foot in it to blow by whatever it was, only to get out on the rear quarter of the target vehicle, hear the turbo spool and start to scream, and then have the revs increase and the truck go no faster. :CRY: Until I had a new clutch I had to baby it in 5th, well frustrating.

Now I have a Valair ceramic button job and it works very well. Held everything I've thrown at it so far, including the Smarty REVO TNT tune on level 9 and some 3rd gear launches. The gearbox rattles like a bucket of bolts but that's down to Dodge and Cummins rather than Valair.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts