Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Gauges are a good first mod. Especially if you plan to upgrade turbo, injectors ect in the future. Fuel pressure, EGT, boost & trans temp. After you can monitor your vitals it's safer to modify and upgrade. Also, upgrade the stock lift pump to a Fass so your VP will stay healthy and FP will stay happy. Fill out for sig with anything already done to the rig so we know where to point you next. Welcome to the forum. Post a picture!

Reactions: Brosten25

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd start with a lift pump as stated, do exhaust, and a programmer, and injectors. if youre going to go to a bigger turbo you might as well do valve springs and pushrods with injectors. You have a good start with the built tranny, and welcome to diesel,I'm sure you will love it

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
There isn't a need to go with the p-pump until you are over 600hp regularly, or are swaping a burnt out pump anyhow....

Agree with the above, fass 150 titanium with big line kit and upgraded pickup. Then add a fuel pressure gauge..
What are your power goals? Is it going to be daily driven? Will it become a trailer queen? These all factor into the recommendations....

·
"I'll go all in."
3,111 Posts
Whooah. Pump the brakes a bit. Sit back and do some research a bit. There's plenty of reading on here. A question if you should do a p-pump swap or injectors first is not really where you want to be starting off. There's plenty of other things to take care of first. Besides do you realize that a p-pump swap can be several thousands and a set of injectors can be as little as a couple hundred depending on which route you go in both instances? Your comparing apples to wedding cakes. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts