Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the dismantling. Not sure if I am going to pull the whole front clip or just the core support.Going for just the core support for now.I will be taking pictures the whole way. Hope to have motor out this week and be putting 5.9 in next weekend. If my plate shows up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just took of the front core support and had plenty of room to work, it makes the fenders a little weak without the front support but no problems.

Well be watching!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered mounts from Auto world I was trying to cut down on down time. I will see what they are like when I get them and what it looks like it would take to use the mounts that came with the motor.I Iam going to post pics of the intercooler that I already had on the truck it is a Power stroke unit it is a tight fit around the radiator.but it works I had to trim the grill a little for clearance also.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay I have the pics up in my truck pic gallery .I need to know how to delete a pic .Any one know how, one is too big and took almost all of the space allowed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good timing on the Pics, I will be installiing my intercooler starting today, my inercooler toobing should arrive today, now I know what I need todo!

Thanks!

·
Joel's Diesel
1,271 Posts
Good pics, looks like an intercooler from a 7.3 DI. I got mine from a 99', mounted about the same way. Good stuff!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am still working on the mounts I have found that the ones they sent me do not put the motor back far enough to use the fan with out the possability of it hitting the radiator.Also the way they tell you to mount them makes the angle wrong .They are saying to put them in so that the stud is off set to the back this does put the motor back but you are not able to drop the motor onto the mounts. I had to put them in the up position like I had seen some pics of other people that had used these had done thenonce the motor was on them rotate them to the back. The problem was that this puts the load on only about 2/3 of the mount and just from sittting over night you could see that the mount was compressed on one end more than the other.I am going to look at redrilling the plates to move the mounts back or I may make mounts using the stock dodge ones.I am using a Valaire clutch I had read a post on one of the sites that some one was all mad because he could not use the flywheel because of the pilot bushing would not fit. They redo the flywheels to take the later model bearing instead of just a bushing.All you have to do is go get a bearing that is 2" od and 1" id then press the pilot bushing in to it that comes with your plate .I do not have the bearing number right hear with me but I will post it later.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The cummins conversion site is back up too

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got it done. I kept killing it,IT does not like to take off if rpms drop below 1000 but it has a lot of power once you are going.I got used to it it just has a differant feel than the ford motor.

Pics wvopowered - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
349 Posts
WVO Powered

I have a question. Do you use BioDiesel or straight WVO in a heated tank? I have been thinking bio and even made a batch but I was thinking straight oil would be cheaper and easier once the tank and system were in place. Any thoughts? Oh by the way, you can check out my pics. 1980 F350 chassis (2WD) with 97 RAM cab, 12 valve, 9 speed roadranger.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I run both.Heated 90 gal tank in bed.Get a good source for oil and make sure it is clean and dry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts