Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I put on a edge j/a about a week ago and an airdog 100 about a month ago and now when I start the truck it turns over more then it use to, before it wouldn't turn over 1/2 a turn and it would start now sometimes 5 or 6 turns before it hits.My fuel pressure is a constant 17-19 psi I haven't had any codes nor has the check engine soon light came on.Anyone have any ideas on this or is it anything to worry about.2 weeks I'm going on a 1500 mile trip so I'm trying to prevent any breakdowns.Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks in advance.....

· Premium Member
11,940 Posts
You have trained unit to expect new things every few weeks. Truck is waiting with breathless anticipation for your new investment.
Anyway we must have fun.
It sounds like unit is getting air on return side of fuel system. Look very carefully at injector line fitting, return banjo ar rear and three way fuel line also at rear of engine. You are looking for very small fuel weep or wetness. To verify leak is issue park the unit downhill with full tank of fuel. It can pull air into lines after shutdown and cause issue with backpressure at overflow valve. In my case, 6 months earlier had installed injectors and everything fine. Started long crank from cut #2 connector O-ring. O-ring fixed mine.
Others have had issue on supply side after filter replace, LP replace and banjo gskts loose.

· Go for Broke
5,767 Posts
does the fuel pump come on with the key on? (not starting it).....too much fuel pressure on start-up can cause hard starts.......this is why a factory set-up will cycle the pump and then shut off until the motor is running

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.