Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im at my girlfriends collage for the weekend and i couldent plug it in last night. so i went out to try it and it started but... i got out to check things and there was a huge fuel leak at the pump dident see quite where it was. and then i noticed alot pf white smoke and it smelled like oil so i looked inside and there was no oil pressure i immedietly turned it of and wept. im 2 and a half hours from home and im not pumped about calling my dad to come up with his truck and trailer to pick me up. any ideas im feeling kinda down.

·
Registered
690 Posts
You can start by plugging that poor thing in for a while.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya im gonna see what i can do.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you are screwed on getting it plugged in, you could try heating it underneath with a camping heater/stove. It doesn't look windy today but block any there is. Does the school have an automotive campus? Maybe you can somehow put it inside for awhile. I'm sure the truck and coach guys will be more than happy to push it in and check it out. Or you could take you gf vintage hair straightner(they all have one) and duct tape it to the oil pan. As a bonus you now know what to get her for her b-day. Don't worry she'll(the truck) will be fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks im gonna see if i can get talking to the automotive guys

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i started it at lunch time and it fired up and oil pressure slowly followed the fuel leak stopped once it was warm kinda weird. oh well i got home. a note to anyone PLUG YOUR TRUCK IN if you cant i think im gonna throw my generator in next time and use it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I am going to be in your shoes tonight, heading over to the girlfriends and wont be able to plug it in, my poor old 93 is gonna have to be a trooper

·
Registered
916 Posts
myn has had no problem started right up -10*f cycled the grid heaters 2 times turned the key and she fired right up ive never seen one do what you described before

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you are using the factory gauge in cold weather, they will show low oil pressure for quite a while. Hell even my autometer gauge is slow to show pressure, takes at least 30 seconds before it will move. The way I look at it if the motor isn't making funny noises aka. knocking, I dont worry about it. Just think how fast honey moves when its 90 outside. Thats what 15-40 looks like below zero.
DS79

1 - 9 of 9 Posts