Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

started problems please help!

574 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Silver00
ok well my truck wouldnt start today so i went to look at the started and saw that i was missin two bolts! Is there a special kind of bolts i need or what?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Kansas Chapter VP
Big Red. 1993 W350. NV 4500. HX35.
5,411 Posts
Hey,

Starter bolts???:confused013:

I don't think anything is special other than being metric!!:thumbsup:

Later,
Winslow

· Registered
430 Posts
As long as the lengths appear to be the same, take remaining bolt out and go just about anyplace to find one similar to it (doesn't have to be identical I don't think). home depot has a large selection of those in drawers in their hardware area, and usually little testers that you can use to find the exact thread type. It'll be metric of course. Some blue thread locker on the bolts will give you some peace of mind.

Of course, the thing that always happens to me (but luckily not on this truck yet) is that the threads are actually gone. Have fun if that's the case.

· Kansas Chapter VP
Big Red. 1993 W350. NV 4500. HX35.
5,411 Posts
Hey,

Also Fastenal has a good selection depending on the store and if they will split bags!!:thumbsup:

Ace's is another good place!:thumbsup:

Later,
Winslow

· Registered
68 Posts
I'm not so sure that a run of the mill bolt will work as those that came on the truck are 12 point with a small head (10mm) for clearance. The ones from the hardware store will most likely have a 12 mm head and you may not be able to get a wrench or socket on them to tighten. Keep us posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.