Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Star Scan has the ability to adjust idle speed? I was @ BADP yesterday & we couldn't find the option for it, but it's bound to be an adjustable feature right?:confused013:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. My friends 07.5 auto idles at a little over 700 in park, and my 08 manual idles at 800. I like the way it sounds down at the lower idle better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't go too low w/ deletes or you might pick up vibs in the exhaust. If I could bump mine up 10-15 rpm it would be perfect as far as vibe free. It currently idles right @ 700. By far my one & only complaint w/ the deletes, it's a whole new truck in the power & fuel econo dept!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would like to know this as well. My problem is that when backing up and towing a trailer it idles at 550 which makes it very hard to turn the truck and it seems like it wants to stall out.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
No idle adjustment.........the feds have it locked out.That would change emisions so it is written into the software.There is a high idle that can be enabled using the starscan,but if you touch the brake pedal it gets canceled/reverts to normal idle speed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
with the superchips cortex i can adjust the idle on my 07.5

·
700hp Club
2,196 Posts
i had my dealer, great guy, hook up the starscan to have a look at the rail pressure to see if it matched my ISSPRO, while he was there i asked if it could change the top speed, he said there was no way to do it on the 6.7's. if you want top speed changed, your going to have to pick up an XRT/smarty etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts