Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Stand pipe O-ring size

573 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  lineman1234
2015, 2500 , 2door, 4x4, 140,000 miles.
Can someone help and clarify a size of the O-ring on/in the standpipe. Looking for a size I can go to a parts counter and ask for X part number.
Yep, modified, slight drip when parked downhill when trk cools off only,, for now. As its my only transportation and I hate asking for a ride, it would be nice to just get the right part and change, instead of take out and take with.
... Research seems conflicting, as, mopar/cummins shows egr and other after market O rings. Stock and what I have, Sinister diesel seem a flat type O ring, as well as stock, others show a round only.
... some say 7.5-12 only and 13-18 only and others say 7.5-18. The 7.5-12 pipe is different looking than the 13-18, but for all I know, the inside may be the same size for O ring fit.
Some conflicting,, is some say no/don't support mods anymore for parts, and some seem to.
Bottom line if someone could give real world did it insight.
1 ... ? Get OEM, it fits.
2, ... ? Get/order this one/brand part #.
3, ... ? Any parts store #x size will work.
Leaking where blue meets the black.
Thanks
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Gas
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
321 Posts
As far as the exact size, might have conflicting spec sizes like you said lol.

Best bet is to go to tractor supply, Home Depot, harbor freight, or any of the auto stores and grab one of those Oring boxes that has all different sizes. Did that years ago and came in clutch multiple times lol

Reactions: lineman1234

· Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One would think someone would know a size.
Since it's Sunday, and not an emergency, I'll call the place that sells/sold the blue part, and see if they stopped supporting there after market product or not.

· Registered
17 3500 Laramie CCLB
7,723 Posts
As far as the exact size, might have conflicting spec sizes like you said lol.

Best bet is to go to tractor supply, Home Depot, harbor freight, or any of the auto stores and grab one of those Oring boxes that has all different sizes. Did that years ago and came in clutch multiple times lol
Just remember the lack of quality coming from any of those vendors. Stick with RAM, Cummins, etc. Or even your local Caterpillar. There are different materials for different jobs.

Reactions: tryNto

· Registered
Youtube Certified Mechanic
694 Posts
One would think someone would know a size.
Since it's Sunday, and not an emergency, I'll call the place that sells/sold the blue part, and see if they stopped supporting there after market product or not.
I'd definitely try sinister but it's unlikely they'll help. If memory serves me right they got slapped up pretty good by EPA.

· Registered
1,012 Posts
GDP sells a standpipe fitting that won't leak (they basically told me they machined their part because they wanted to be able to offer a replacement for the leaking standpipe adapters from the other kits out there) - its about $65 but worth it -

· Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far, i have a variable bit of sizes of O rings gathered, also, will have a O ring from a parts store that put in the stock, number and i should have the right one that will fit. If not ill order the GD kit.
I will get back to what i find hear for others.
I called sinister diesel this morning, and NOPE, dont know what your talking about. So asked what do i do for a part that is a wear item that you sold. ( put it back to stock )...
Funny they couldnt sell a stock size or just an o ring, or give info on what size the one they were happy to sell a few years ago.

· Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, just for info for others.
Not sure on pre 2013 or after 2018, but the oem o ring fits fine and is working. $30.42 with tax. But is working.
I'll post later on the number and the size of the one closest eye balling from hardware store plumbing isle, #16 but I'll post size, and iem # of oem also.
I just went oem incase it's a heat needed item.
Too bad sinister diesel can't/wont, say stock part will work. The one I took out from sinister, was looking bad, and was hardened.

· Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To wind my part up, and maybe help someone like myself in the future. 2013-2018, maybe other years, dont know.
OEM, part #'s 68086261AA, compatible with 68049022AA
... Ace hardware plumbing isle.
#16 Stock no. 35733-B.... 1 1/16x13/16 I.D.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts