Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
diesel fuel additive
Anyone here heard of or use this in their Cummin's?? Looking for opinion's on whether or not to pour it in???
Thanks
'89 W250 CTD
'02 250 Q cab 4X4 CTD
'98.5 reg cab drw CTD 45,000 miles

·
Banned
432 Posts
I've been using it for a couple of months. Seems OK so far. The only drawback is I have to order and have it shipped.......nobody carries it here.
I like the small bottles it comes in....more convenient for me than the 2-stroke oil.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is a great example for you. Both my friend and i changed our injectors around the 150000 mark. I had been running diesel service and he was running stanadyne. You were lucky to be able to see the small holes in my tips and his looked like they had never been used. Needless to say i am now very loyal to stanadyne!

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I use Opti-Lube XPD during the winter, being in the Warm NW I only need 1/4 oz. per gallon. Bought a gallon when I got the truck, and only about half way through it. It ranked very high in Lubricity study.

Diesel Fuel Improver

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've been using it for a couple of months. Seems OK so far. The only drawback is I have to order and have it shipped.......nobody carries it here.
I like the small bottles it comes in....more convenient for me than the 2-stroke oil.
Where do you order from?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stanadyne product

Thanks for the reply's everyone! I mixed my first 16 oz bottle today......
the only place around here I can get it is at a Heavy Truck repair centre. They swear by the stuff, especially for lubricity.
Now, to get over the cost of filling the tank!!!!! $130.00?!!!!!!!1

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
Yeah! good stuff if you gotta use something.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I felt a power improvement using Stanadyne Performance Formula in my '92, 'ol Rastus.
I don't feel any power improvement in my '01.5 though.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Here is a great example for you. Both my friend and i changed our injectors around the 150000 mark. I had been running diesel service and he was running stanadyne. You were lucky to be able to see the small holes in my tips and his looked like they had never been used. Needless to say i am now very loyal to stanadyne!
I used Stanadyne consistently in my '98.5 w/Diesel Dynamic stage 2's for 40,000K. When it started loping they were removed for pop tests. The tips of all six were pretty dirty w/carbon. That truck didn't get enough hard miles. Maybe just clean fuel and real usage as designed is the best "treatment".

·
Registered
287 Posts
I use Opti-Lube XPD during the winter, being in the Warm NW I only need 1/4 oz. per gallon. Bought a gallon when I got the truck, and only about half way through it. It ranked very high in Lubricity study.

Diesel Fuel Improver
I thought the XPD wasn't for winter. I don't think it has anti-gel chemicals in it, so I bought the Power Service stuff for winter.

·
Marble Crusher
1,856 Posts
well XPD shows to have a winter and a summer blend on their website.

ive been using Lucas myself but by looking at the chart i may be trying something different!

-Jordan-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.