Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Diesel sniffer
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to order a new low stall triple, my sig is up to date, wondering what you guys are running for stall speed with a similar size turbo, and are you happy with it or would you go tighter or looser?

·
Diesel sniffer
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I should clarify; loose as in stock stall speed, tight being 1600 ish.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm by no means I transmission expert so someone please correct me if i'm talking out my behind but I would say with you're fueling and medium sized single I would go tighter if its a street truck for slightly better fuel mileage and a more direct drive feeling through the drivetrain or stay stock if you run the dragstrip and need the easier spool to not sit on the line spooling so long.

When all else fails call the company you're

·
Diesel sniffer
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a triple now, and if I do a brake stand the tires don't break loose until 2000-2100rpm. I'd like to have more torque sooner in the rpm band without blacking out the intersection. Also my 100's will be installed soon. Just looking for the best compromise between smoke down low and that elastic band feeling of a higher stall.

·
Registered
2006 2500 4x4, spinny wooshy thing, bigger sticks, toothpick trans, wallet weight reduction mod.
2,624 Posts
Brake stall doesn't always indicate the real stall. The STR of the convertor is what'll decide how it does daily driving for accelerating while not above the stall point. Sounds like you've got a decently tight brake stall right now. Sounds like you're breaking tires loose very early already if it's doing it at 2100rpm on a brake stall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.