Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done the searches, and am trying to find braided brake lines for my '95 reg cab 4x4.

So far I have only found braided kits for trucks with lifts. I'm at the stock height, what about us?

I did check out EGR Performance Brakes, but was unimpressed with their circletrack website link for purchasing. I wasn't too impressed with their pricing being all over the place either like their site is never updated. Not too professional. Egr says that they are the only suppplier of certified braided lines for Dodge trucks. I fing that hard to believe.

I have spongy brakes and want to eliminate the rubber baloon issue.

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks

Art

·
AlGores worst nightmare
2,006 Posts
The oem rubber lines are braided, under the rubber covering. They will not "balloon".
If you have spongy brakes, your problem is elsewhere. Could be any number of things, from a bad vacuum booster, or low vacuum, to a bad caliper or wheel cylinder, but most likely air in the line somewhere.
Heck, a loose master cylinder mount will make the pedal feel spongy.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
The oem rubber lines are braided, under the rubber covering. They will not "balloon".
If you have spongy brakes, your problem is elsewhere. Could be any number of things, from a bad vacuum booster, or low vacuum, to a bad caliper or wheel cylinder, but most likely air in the line somewhere.
Heck, a loose master cylinder mount will make the pedal feel spongy.
We might have a little bit of disagreement here. :w: A spongy pedal is most often caused by air in the system. However, thin brake drums or substandard brake lines and hoses can also cause a spongy pedal. The proper course of action is to bleed the system,
and replace thin drums and substandard quality brake hoses if suspected. I have a guy here in GA that I have make stainless steel lines to order when I need them. And since I do a lot of work with him, he is pretty reasonable. Find a shop that makes custom lines, and take one of your old lines with you so he can match the ends. By the way :welcome:

·
Registered
41 Posts
autoanything.com had lines for both lifted and non lifted last time I looked.I think the non lifteds were Goodridge stainless lines which I have used on a couple of my motorcycles and were of good quality.If you get them let me know how they work.I might get a set.I think all three hoses were like $80 or so.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info. I did find that Goodridge had a pt# 15029. I think that is the one.

The price is right, just over $80. I want to completely redo the system, but wanted to have new lines for more than one bird/stone etc.

Is there any big issues with the rear drums on these trucks?

Thanks

Art

1 - 5 of 5 Posts