Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have experience with this turbo? I know they make a lot of turbos for duramaxes, just looking around and noticed they had one for our year trucks

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
I want to know too?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i think drunkondiesel had one on his commonrail if i'm right, please correct me if i'm wrong but it sounds nasty, similar to a six leaker

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
He had a VNT or variable nozzle turbo. Completely different animal. PM carpenca. He works for FPE

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry i didn't clarify myself but yes i knew his was the VNT i just wanted to hear anybodys response on fleece's turbos and if anyone has run the hybrid 40 it'd be even better

·
Registered
388 Posts
We dont really offer the 40 Hybrid anymore, we are leaning more to the S3's anymore for durability and power potential...

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
so why is it on the website? Just curious, cause I was looking at getting one but I couldnt get a hold of Fleece.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Cause the website needs updating.... Its kinda in the back of the priority list. PM me if you need more info.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea i would definitly be more interested in getting a larger turbo than the 40, now do you know what would set fleece's s300s (which is what im guessing your referring to) apart from the other manufactures

·
Registered
388 Posts
How many S366's do you know of almost or over 800RWHP and generally drive better than a stock charger? And I mean it drove nice at 15-25% throttle, cruising, thru town, not smoking....

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
That dont tell me anything, He nor I have the Fueling it takes to spool a 66 for daily driving. The question was, do you do anything different than other turbo builders. Do you offer a warrenty. Thing like that would help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha sorry to say but couldn't tell ya, never driven one before, what are the usual specs on the s366's? is it like a 66mm compressor and a 71-73mm turbine? i'm guessing it's for a duramax, i'd need a lot of fuel to spool something like that, haha which is why its on something with 800hp, don't think ill ever see that day with a 24v

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That dont tell me anything, He nor I have the Fueling it takes to spool a 66 for daily driving. The question was, do you do anything different than other turbo builders. Do you offer a warrenty. Thing like that would help.
And yes something along these lines would be helpful

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
a 40 would be a waste just get a 62mm turbo atleast

·
Registered
7,726 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a 40 would be a waste just get a 62mm turbo atleast
Yea for the price definitely, i haven't heard much about fleece making turbos for cummins and this caught my eye, they do make some pretty bada$$ turbos for dmaxes

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And Clunk, idk about a ball bearing turbo, from what i've read and heard they are extremely expensive and wear out quick, but on the other hand spool up lightning fast, i just don't think it would be worth the money

·
Registered
388 Posts
I cant get very specific on Cummins forum about stuff, do to the fact we are not vendors, and its a small fortune, monthly to be a vendor.

However I can say a stock fueled smarty tuned 05 CR spools a billet 66 just as fast as a stock 351, but pulls substantially harder once its lite. For VP trucks we have a smaller cast wheeled 63/68 we can set up in a housing from .8 - .91 AR. We are also currently developing a smaller Billet comp wheel to fit this application.

If anybody has any other questions feel free to send me a PM.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
And Clunk, idk about a ball bearing turbo, from what i've read and heard they are extremely expensive and wear out quick, but on the other hand spool up lightning fast, i just don't think it would be worth the money

I can see what you mean goosehunter6, I do like that lightweight turbine though.
I guess I need to email them to see if they have a diesel application w/bushings instead of ball bearings.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts