Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a stage 2 torque plate, came with no instructions, so has anyone install one of these before? thanks

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
yep i believe most of us had, we usually call um a fuel plate
CumminsDatabase.com :: Turning Up A P7100 Pump
essentially what you gotta do is take off the intake, and take a look at the afc housing, there are 4 bolts that hold it in place, one of the bolts is completely rounded..called the break off screw, you gotta either pound a screw driver head into it, torx or flat usually work and remove that, take all the other bolts and there is the fuel shut down solenoid that needs to be moved outta the way as well, but once the housings off its left exposing the fuel plate, there should be 2 bolts that hold the plate in..remove them and pull the plate, put the new one in and slide it forward as much as you want, and put it all back together and enjoy

·
Registered
122 Posts
i just got a stage 2 torque plate, came with no instructions, so has anyone install one of these before? thanks
Stage 2? I've never herd of that. Where did you get it from? Is it an 0 plate? or a 5 or how agressive?

Let us know how you like it

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
you paid 271 dollars for that??:shock: seriously that is almost absurd for that price, you can buy a fuel plate kit for under 60 bucks..let alone you can grind your own, and the elbow might be another 20ish...but yea thats a fuel plate, most manufacturers have numbers and each number represents the profile design of the plate, like a 0 plate is completely flat, maximum fuel..and so on

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
Looking at the site, they use the same pictures for different products. All plates have a different profile, see above good examples. Exactly what profile you are getting is impossible to tell. I would probably cancel the order and do more research. I know that you can get a better deal. For that money, at least you should get instructions. Check out TST products.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at the site, they use the same pictures for different products. All plates have a different profile, see above good examples. Exactly what profile you are getting is impossible to tell. I would probably cancel the order and do more research. I know that you can get a better deal. For that money, at least you should get instructions. Check out TST products.
im going to return it!

what style fuel plate should i get? i use my truck for work, daily driven. its auto, and has a utility body, i just want alittle more out of it. thanks for all the help!!

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
You have a good start in that you have a good transmission and gauges, nice. A lot of people use a #10, others grind their own to a "0" or "100", see above again. I know that TST will sell you a plate and all exchanges after the initial purchase costs is 50.00. I can't say which works for you, I feel that there is a bit of trial and error, messing around with the AFC to get the right combination that works for you and your engine.

·
Banned
1,202 Posts
yea dude you should send it back.... i got my #100 plate off ebay for like 40 bucks with an boost elbow.

i luv my #100 plate.... i towed with it, daily driver, ect. before i got bigger injectors. never got hot and good on power

1 - 10 of 10 Posts