Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to put stacks on my truck. Can I use the 3inch down pipe, and then go into a 5 inch pipe, and then go and make the stacks, and later on be able to put a 120-210 horse chip on it with no problems from my exaust??

Also Where can I find pre made stacks, but have everythign under the bed except the actual stack?? I have found some but they have the "y" in the bed and I want it underneath. , Is there any way to avoid making more smoke come out one stack then the other?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Yeah you can use the factory downpipe with out too much issue, unless you are pushing 500+ hp i wouldnt worry about it too much, the other thing about running the y underneath. it is possible I have seen it done. but the downside to that is you have to drill 2 big holes in the bed and you have to get around the driveline which is pretty tricky for that i understand the want to use as much of the bed as possible I am making my own stack setup through NAPA and its alot cheaper than buying a whole kit and am using the 3" downpipe as well.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what are you getting from napa??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts