Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done some research on getting stacks for my rig and i just wanted some of your guys' input before i spent all that money

what kind is the best?

5" or 6" stacks?

any other info you have will help thanks

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
6" sound and look better, deeper tone actually sounds a bit quieter.

Miters are my favorite

We can help with any stack question you may have.... Let us know how we can help.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I went with 5" on mine. When I saw the 10 foot section of 5" pipe it still looked huge. I thought about 6" but the 10 foot section of tube was double the price.

I'd check out some up close if you can to get an idea on what you like. Some guys like the 7", I think they are to much...amazing to see...got a lot of wow factor. If you plan on running a straight pipe, they are just loud, drone etc. Looks like you have a quad cab though so I think that will help.

they sound excellent either way, windows down taking off, you can hear the turbo better. The smoke lays right out in the middle of the road.......:w:

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
get 6" they look goodd and sound better

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea my friend has the 5 inch and they are cool but i like some of the 6 inch stacks alot better 7 is insane and i dont like the look of it

big b8 urs look good but like can u get em closer to the cab like ur are kinda tilted back

·
Registered
716 Posts
i would definately go no smaller than 6. I've had 5", 6", and 7" and thought that the 6" looked good but liked the 7" better. Just my opinion. I have pics of some 5" on a 2nd gen, and 7" on a 3rd gen in my gallery. I thought that the 5" were just too small.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok like what brand is best?

and does it improve egts or increase em?

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you plan on running a straight pipe, they are just loud, drone etc. Looks like you have a quad cab though so I think that will help.

they sound excellent either way, windows down taking off, you can hear the turbo better. The smoke lays right out in the middle of the road.......:w:
Hmmm, the noise factor is the only thing, apart from the dent in my wallet, that is stopping me from getting some stacks atm. Personally I wouldn't mind it but I plan on doing some long trips through the mountains with the 5th wheel and I can't see the wife and kids putting up with it for that length of journey. Is there room left for a muffler underneath the truck, or is there some other clever trick for cutting down the decibels a little.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ask Wally about 8" they look good and sound great if you are into size and sound. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire

Automotive exterior Vehicle Mesh Car Bumper

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why not?

just askin....

what would you do?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
has anyone had any issues with pullin a goose neck after having stacks?

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
i had two sets to chose from and they were a set of 5" and a set of 7"s. after holdin them up to the truck i decided on the 7s casue after seeing 7s you cant just run 5s. haha but it was a better deal to. i got one really nice set of 7" turn outs and a set of 7 miters for the price the guy was selling the set of 5" turnouts for. so now one week i can run miters and teh next week i can run miters.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
8 inch is too big!

im thinkin 6 inch

whats wrong with grandrock?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And what is Wally?