Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have mbrp stack kit with 6in miters. it was to loud for me so i installed the hushpower pro series muffler. the difference is amazing. it still has the great deep sound getting up to speed but at cruising speeds it sounds like stock truck. no drone at all. thought i would pass this info along for those who would like to quite their stacks. dont get me wrong i loved the sound with out the muffler but the drone killed me. :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
i have mbrp stack kit with 6in miters. it was to loud for me so i installed the hushpower pro series muffler. the difference is amazing. it still has the great deep sound getting up to speed but at cruising speeds it sounds like stock truck. no drone at all. thought i would pass this info along for those who would like to quite their stacks. dont get me wrong i loved the sound with out the muffler but the drone killed me. :thumbsup
Randy:

Glad your happy with the results.....

do you believe we hit the nail on the head?

Wally / FTEDiesel

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea we did wally. Really great product! Thanks for the help.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
What is this muffler you speak of and what do they run? Got them stacks coming and if they are unruly i am curious of the options.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
The HUSHPOWER muffler is a new design introduced this spring, it a full flowing muffler that has been around for a long time.... just never available with 4" and 5" Inlet/outlet dimensions.

They use Stainless Steel cones made out of heavy gauge screen to deflect sound inside the muffler, the can of the muffler is insulated with a high temp sound deadening material. The flow of the exhaust travels straight through, but the noise waves get bounced into the material mentioned above. It is so simple of a design, but it works very effectively.

This same muffler is used in Race cars regularly.... like USAC and stuff with no HP loss.

We tried one of the first ones we could get our hands on and it killed the cab noise but still sounds great out the pipes. As you mentioned, your gonna get them brand new stacks... We primarily use this muffler with Stack kits and it is just what the doctor ordered if your a traveling professional that needs to be on the cell phone but still wants the kool sound outside the truck.

I'll PM you the pricing....

·
Registered
647 Posts
This is awesome news.....

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
thanks for the info i was wondering about those.

·
Registered
98 Posts
all i have to say is, "If its too loud....You're too old!" :lol3::lol3::lol3:

·
Registered
316 Posts
pm me a price as well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts