Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone every done this? if so whats the sound like? have mbrp stacks and its a really loud. could i use stock muffler or should i get diff one.

thanks,
randy

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
dont even think about it! stacks is stacks and theres to be no mufflers on them. do u wanna drive by people and have them hear you and say "stupid trucks" or not?!?!:lol3:

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
If you are set on a muffler, you may want to go aftermarket. The stock muffler will kill the sound entirely.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd go with Grand Rock and get the internal mufflers they have for their stack kits. It's a straight through baffle design. I would think they should fit your stacks. It only takes a little edge off the noise as it's still rather loud, but it is a difference. I like them cause I can remove them and put them back in by only loosening the two clamps at each stack. Simple job that takes less than 5 minutes total and they even help with a little fuel economy as advertised.

·
If you aint 1st..Ure LAST
2,298 Posts
6'' bull horn stacks with mbrp muffler. lol. sup mr randy. get the bull horns. they looks super sexy. idc if you copy me. we will be the only to in siler city with em.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts