Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Stacks or normal exhaust??

3K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  awsomeokid13 
#1 ·
I am gonna get exhaust on my truck combined with the XRT, but should i get normal 5" tbe.. or 5" stacks comin outta the bed? this is a hard decision for me lol pics wood be great:peelout

#5 ·
I prefer the normal exhaust.:lol4:

#8 ·
It may have a lot to do with the area that I live and work in but a lot of (non diesel) people that I've run into get a good :hehe: out of stacks on a pickup truck. :confused013:

I personally like the look and sound of a nice 5" sewer pipe coming out of the stock location or a well done turn out in front of the tire.

#9 · (Edited)
i think for strictly show or drag/pulling they look good but if you ever use your bed they get in the way and i think they draw too much attention some good but some bad. just my 2 cents
but hey its your truck do what your heart really wants cause otherwise in the end you still wish you would have done it diffrently.

#10 ·
I have an 8" stack on mine, and I wouldn't have done it differently. I really like it. Mine doesn't attract that much attention as it is powdercoated black, and somewhat blends in because of the tint on the rear window. Plus, it doesn't stick up above the cab. You can't even see it from the front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C7Y7k5TyJY

#12 ·
Stacks all the way, I have 5" 48" tall turned out stacks, they are loud and you can't beat the look. they stand 18" above the cab, so everyone can see them.

but hey...its not for everyone. If YOU want them then i say do it.

#15 ·
personally if i ever got stacks i would get 7 inchers... two of em, mitre cut, and chrome. but thats just me

#17 ·
I just put a single black stack on and love it. My bumper stays clean now and if I need anything hauled I have trailors for that. I would say if you put alot of miles on your truck everyday you might want a muffler.

#18 ·
stacks:thumbsup:

#21 ·
I wanted Stacks but after talking to a bunch of people I decided not to. I tow a trailer A LOT and didn't want the front of it blacked out. I have never had Stacks before and have only rode in a truck with them for about 1 hour. I have a short bed and have a cross bed tool box so I would have to lose that also.

I have like the looks of Stacks since I was a kid. Which is a long time ago. I had plans to but some on a Ford Ranchero but it got stolen before I got the chance. So I vote for YES do it!!

#23 ·
ok I have had these set ups on my 6.7's
4" with stock down pipe but everything else deleted
4" tbe 6" tip
5" tbe 8" tip
dual 5" stacks 4" to the stacks
dual 7" stacks 4" to the stacks

as for the best sounding was the 7" stacks but had a little drown in the cab, with them with freeway speeds or towing but with the egr cooler delete it sounded like a peterbuilt at 1400 rpms, the next I would say would be the 5" tbe exhaust by far the loudest out of all of them but really no drone at all in the cab even at the higher speeds, just alittle drone with towing, I if I could do it again the 5" tbe would go back on, then the 7" stacks 2nd if you prefer stacks.

#24 · (Edited)
Stacks are the way to go. but it's either you like them or you dont. I went with dual 6" mitres that are powder coated and they turned out really nice.

#25 ·
Ugh guys this is a tuff choice.. I love stacks to. most of my firends are like hell yea go for it. my girlfriend says different.. :hehe: but im a lil scared to drill a 5" hole in my brand new bed ya know.. i hardly tow anything and dont use my bed that much.. and i also have a pair of 5" pipes laying in my shop collecting dust so i mite as well use em huh? :headbang:

#26 ·
Oh and fyi i've got a reg. cab dually inferno red so i donno how it wood look with stacks.. one part of me says awesome but another part of me says hmm.. what u guys think

#27 ·
I say go for it man. I see a lot of red dually's with stacks and it looks awesome. And if your not sure about chrome then go with black. Check this website out it has a red 2500 with stacks on it and it looks sharp. Deep South Diesel co. Home Page

#28 ·
thats a way bad a truck 3500 by the way that was my 07.5 lol

#29 ·
Sorry man i didnt look that close at it i just saw a SRW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.