Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna get exhaust on my truck combined with the XRT, but should i get normal 5" tbe.. or 5" stacks comin outta the bed? this is a hard decision for me lol pics wood be great:peelout

· Registered
1,592 Posts
Think Im gunna end up goin with stacks but ive got a reg cab

· Pushing Dirt In Nebraska
57 Posts
I prefer the normal exhaust.:lol4:

· Registered
2,565 Posts
It may have a lot to do with the area that I live and work in but a lot of (non diesel) people that I've run into get a good :hehe: out of stacks on a pickup truck. :confused013:

I personally like the look and sound of a nice 5" sewer pipe coming out of the stock location or a well done turn out in front of the tire.

· Premium Member
420 Posts
i think for strictly show or drag/pulling they look good but if you ever use your bed they get in the way and i think they draw too much attention some good but some bad. just my 2 cents
but hey its your truck do what your heart really wants cause otherwise in the end you still wish you would have done it diffrently.

· Registered
1,167 Posts
I have an 8" stack on mine, and I wouldn't have done it differently. I really like it. Mine doesn't attract that much attention as it is powdercoated black, and somewhat blends in because of the tint on the rear window. Plus, it doesn't stick up above the cab. You can't even see it from the front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C7Y7k5TyJY

· Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Stacks all the way, I have 5" 48" tall turned out stacks, they are loud and you can't beat the look. they stand 18" above the cab, so everyone can see them.

but hey...its not for everyone. If YOU want them then i say do it.

I am gonna get exhaust on my truck combined with the XRT, but should i get normal 5" tbe.. or 5" stacks comin outta the bed? this is a hard decision for me lol pics wood be great:peelout

· Registered
692 Posts
personally if i ever got stacks i would get 7 inchers... two of em, mitre cut, and chrome. but thats just me

· Registered
288 Posts
If I had a dually, I'd get stacks no doubt.

· Registered
494 Posts
I just put a single black stack on and love it. My bumper stays clean now and if I need anything hauled I have trailors for that. I would say if you put alot of miles on your truck everyday you might want a muffler.

· Banned
1,844 Posts
stacks:thumbsup:

· Registered
1,592 Posts
personally if i ever got stacks i would get 7 inchers... two of em, mitre cut, and chrome. but thats just me
agree with you there

· Premium Member
1,159 Posts
I have/had 3 cummins and the first 2 had stacks and this one will to as soon as the wife lets me put them on!
now I just have to figure out the layout for this one1

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.