Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my 6" Aussies finally showed up and I am planning on installing this weekend. I am going to try and get some good pics during the install and write up a little deal on it. I took a couple mock up pics with only 1 stack to see what it looks like. Need opinions, Point them straight back or turned out like in the pictue?

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
cool....I like em turned out myself.

·
Registered
325 Posts
its gonna look sick..... props

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think i would have them turned out but just enought to beraly see them sticking out. BUT... thats just my 2 cents...

·
Tennesse Chapter President
1,614 Posts
Leave them like the picture. Their going to look awesome. :thumbsup

·
Registered
470 Posts
turn them forward, it would look like a snorting bull at a stop :lol3: probably not very practical, but i've never seen it either-you could be the first! hahaha. anyway if it was me i'd go straight back but they will look good no matter what:beer oh they'd have to be higher tho

·
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will see about height while i actually mount them. I dont want them up too much over the cab. I am gonna put the on facing forward and take a pic for you slate, But i dont think i will run them that way......LOL! Cant wait.

·
Registered
470 Posts
alrighty man, haha. too bad i will see no smoke in that pic:CRY:.....unless you have photoshop:popcorn: btw i meant make them higher if turned forward-they look just right for height in your pics:thumbsup

·
Registered
137 Posts
if it were mine i would definitely turn them out alittle.i think they look great that way... personal preference

·
Registered
190 Posts
Them are real nice! Point em out would be my opinion. Either way you can't go wrong:thumbsup

Please take many pics of the whole process! I definitely want to see how the install goes.:woot:

·
Registered
308 Posts
This is Pro99's truck, they are pretty sweet. Just giving you an idea of what they might look like straight back.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
I would turn them out but you can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i think anykind of turn out or bull hauler looks stupid straight back. I think you should angle them out a bit. just my 2 cents worth. Go with what you like man

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Best Part is you can loosen the stacks and re-align them every weekend until you found it!

Make sure you mount the bedkit on the floor so you can get the low look you are looking for. It's a lil more work but worth every bit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I like bull haulers and aussies alot better than miters that looks sweet man

·
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just finished up the install of a 5" TBE and EGR delete on another guys truck so my shop is now clear for stack install. I cannot wait.

·
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well they are installed. Many thanks to Wally at FTE, these stacks look great. Install took about 3 hours by myself. Not to big of deal.

As you can see i had to Add a sensor bung to the Elbow because i had to cut the last one off to make room for the Elbow and Flex Pipe. One recommendation, when you drill and weld the nut on for the sensor only drill a hole large enough for the probe. If you drill it out the size of the nut it will not seat and you will have troubles.

After this was done i took it for a short drive. Its very loud. Great sound. Tomorrow i will get a few more finished pics and maybe a little video from inside the cab.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts