Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know allot of you guys out there are stacking three programmers Edge, Bully dog, and MP-8. I was wondering the power Gains verses, Tearing something up. I know you play you pay, but being smart about add ons is another thing. Please advise considering stacking the power pup.:$:

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
I only keep my pup on to correct my speedo and remove the speed limiter.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I ran the 3 stack for a short bit just to try it. It was nice but i wouldnt drive with it like that daily. Too much timing rattle. I dont think i would see much better MPGs with the 3rd full time.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I would do injectors over stacking a third tuner. Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I don't see how the stock tranny can handle a triple stack.. I went though 2 already and by no means abuseing the truck. Thats just with nozzels, edge and MP-8 or maybe I have bad luck and just got 2 weak trannys!!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I also just use the pup to correct the speedo....the pup runs well on performance its just too darn noisy!

·
Premium Member
8,554 Posts
Dyno testing adding the the pup I gained 40 more hp with it on tow and with it on performance, didnt matter the setting same hp gain, with my edge chip I dont have the timing option to put it to stock so the truck was getting to much timing and making it run like crap. With the option to use stock timing with the edge then you will be using only bully dogs timing you should be alright with out much timing rattle. Also with the 3 on the highest settings I was getting twice the smoke that the edge and mp8 put out together turned up all the way. All in all I did not like the three stacked the truck just didnt seem to run right. But for those that want the speedo correction and limiter adjusted it would be allright I was a little disappointed that it didnt have the option to bring the rev limiter up also, I need all the rpms I can get for sled pullin.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dyno testing adding the the pup I gained 40 more hp with it on tow and with it on performance, didnt matter the setting same hp gain, with my edge chip I dont have the timing option to put it to stock so the truck was getting to much timing and making it run like crap. With the option to use stock timing with the edge then you will be using only bully dogs timing you should be alright with out much timing rattle. Also with the 3 on the highest settings I was getting twice the smoke that the edge and mp8 put out together turned up all the way. All in all I did not like the three stacked the truck just didnt seem to run right. But for those that want the speedo correction and limiter adjusted it would be allright I was a little disappointed that it didnt have the option to bring the rev limiter up also, I need all the rpms I can get for sled pullin.
There has to be a cheaper way to get speed limiter removed and adjust for different size tires. A power pup is a little pricey for that don't you think, any suggestions:popcorn:

·
Registered
721 Posts
I drive like an old man. I havn't had any problems

·
Super Mod
1,470 Posts
There has to be a cheaper way to get speed limiter removed and adjust for different size tires. A power pup is a little pricey for that don't you think, any suggestions:popcorn:
I'm all ears here

Well should I say, eyes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts