Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cummins Fanatic
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We "experimented" and stacked my edge with a BullyDog Triple Dog. All worked fine, but I was told by some guys that it'll blow up the engine. but, I also read in this forum that it is safe to stack these two but not the Edge and the Bullydog pup. Is it safe. Can I add a pressure box to the mix? Say a Dr. Performance?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Which Edge are you running? The Edge EZ stacks great with the bullydog programmers.

·
Cummins Fanatic
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which Edge are you running? The Edge EZ stacks great with the bullydog programmers.
Edge w/ attitude hot unlock. I ran the bullydog on extreme but could't go over #2 on the edge, too much knock

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry, don't know much about the hot. The Edge Ez was a great stack with the Bullydog and the Smarty for me.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Not to hijack thread but does anyone about this stack on an 05 dmax. My dad has the edge ez I am trying to sell him my bdtd. Also what order would you do the stack. Install bdtd first then plug in the ez or does it matter.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Anyhthing that adds timing is usually bad JUJU with the Juice. It does love to be stacked with pressure though. I hade good sucess with the Quad X2, I used to have the puck also, and that seemed good. The Diablo Predator made a ton of power with the Juice for me, but EGT's were quite high with the stock turbo.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Sorry, don't know much about the hot. The Edge Ez was a great stack with the Bullydog and the Smarty for me.
Yeah that is a boat load of timing and your headgasket is not going to be a fan of that...

·
Cummins Fanatic
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Edge w/ Attitude/Bullydog stack

I guess I shoulda been more specific. It is the Edge w/ Attitude and the Bullydog Triple Dog stacked. Edge set no higher than level 2 and the Bullydog on Extreme. Do I need to lose the Edge then add a pressure box? Which pressure box will give the most HP and mate good with the Bullydog?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
I guess I shoulda been more specific. It is the Edge w/ Attitude and the Bullydog Triple Dog stacked. Edge set no higher than level 2 and the Bullydog on Extreme. Do I need to lose the Edge then add a pressure box? Which pressure box will give the most HP and mate good with the Bullydog?
I would ditch the juice in favor of a pressure box, TS Mp8, Dr. P Predator and edge EZ seem to be fan favorites.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I would ditch the juice in favor of a pressure box, TS Mp8, Dr. P Predator and edge EZ seem to be fan favorites.
I would almost have to agree. I would try a pressure box with both and see what responds best. I would also add the X2 Race to the list. I like it alot :peelout

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
I would almost have to agree. I would try a pressure box with both and see what responds best. I would also add the X2 Race to the list. I like it alot :peelout
Shoot I knew I was forgetting one!:kick: thanks!:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have had the bully dog triple dog on crazy larry and the edge on 6 with mine....never ever a problem and no timing knock what so ever.....the power pup knocked hard....I got rid of it the first day.....I have had mine on for over 20 thousand miles and it pulls hard.....I have never had a problem or even once worried about blowing the motor

·
Cummins Fanatic
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have had the bully dog triple dog on crazy larry and the edge on 6 with mine....never ever a problem and no timing knock what so ever.....the power pup knocked hard....I got rid of it the first day.....I have had mine on for over 20 thousand miles and it pulls hard.....I have never had a problem or even once worried about blowing the motor
Wow! I had mine on 4 and it knocked crazy. I also am running Crazy Larry on the triple dog. Weird.

·
Cummins Fanatic
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I can run the Edge Juice w/ Attitude, Bullydog triple dog, a Dr. Performance pressure box AND an X2? What is an X2? Is it the Xzillaraider II?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah, the Xzillaraider II

1 - 15 of 15 Posts