Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had heard different opinions on what the Edge Juice w/ Attitude controls on the 03/04 trucks, so I contacted Edge. Here was their reply concerning stacking with the EZ.

"I am sorry but the 305 module does raise pressure, it is the 325 that does not. With the EZ and the juice even on lower levels, you would likely be have the valve pop off because there is too much fuel pressure. I am sorry, but we do not really test stacking much on our own product let alone product of a different manufacturer. I don't really have an recommendations for stacking on your application other than just trying to find something that does not do any fuel pressure advances. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thanks."

So, with that being said. What can I stack with my Juice that doesn't raise pressure? What does the Smarty control? What does the Superchips control?

·
Registered
1 Posts
well i will bump this cause i would like to know as well.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I think the superchips is duration. Someone should chime in and know more.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Had heard different opinions on what the Edge Juice w/ Attitude controls on the 03/04 trucks, so I contacted Edge. Here was their reply concerning stacking with the EZ.

"I am sorry but the 305 module does raise pressure, it is the 325 that does not. With the EZ and the juice even on lower levels, you would likely be have the valve pop off because there is too much fuel pressure. I am sorry, but we do not really test stacking much on our own product let alone product of a different manufacturer. I don't really have an recommendations for stacking on your application other than just trying to find something that does not do any fuel pressure advances. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thanks."

So, with that being said. What can I stack with my Juice that doesn't raise pressure? What does the Smarty control? What does the Superchips control?
The smartry does timing and duration on standard tunes. But the timing can be advanced or not depending on which tune you use...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Edge said that the Juice w/ Attitude controls all three on the 03/04 trucks. Timing, Duration, and Pressure.

On the 04.5' and up it only controls Timing and Duration, NO pressure.

So, if I stack a Smarty or Superchips and they control only Duration (Smarty on no timing tunes). How much duration is allowable? If you have two things controlling duration, will it mess the other up? Should I just not worry about stacking while i have the Juice?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Edge said that the Juice w/ Attitude controls all three on the 03/04 trucks. Timing, Duration, and Pressure.

On the 04.5' and up it only controls Timing and Duration, NO pressure.

So, if I stack a Smarty or Superchips and they control only Duration (Smarty on no timing tunes). How much duration is allowable? If you have two things controlling duration, will it mess the other up? Should I just not worry about stacking while i have the Juice?

Too much duration would mean HIGH EGTs! So honestly I don't know what you could safely stack with the 03/04 juice. Maybe those that know more then I will chime in...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't think the Smarty and Edge J/A play well together. I dont know of much you can do

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
What are the ultimate goals of the truck?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What are the ultimate goals of the truck?
It is my daily driver, as well as getting used on the farm, and pulling my 38' enclosed car hauler to the racetrack on weekends.

I am more just wanting to play than anything else as far as stacking goes. I would like to see the difference it makes in low end power. Also, I have not been able to beat my friend's Duramax a single time. I was hoping maybe a stack would accomplish this. But, I will just stick with my Edge for now. If I end up selling it and buying something else I will keep stacking in mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts