Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one know if you can stack anything with a banks six gun

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Hmm..maybe a smarty but the defueling of the banks is going to limit you. Banks prides himself on doing a little bit of everything pressure, timing and some duration. Personally your best bet would be to sell the banks and get something else...like a smarty...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
appreciate the info, you say banks defuels, what do you mean by that?

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
it takes fuel away from the truck when egts get to high, and between shifts so that it doesn't allow you to hurt the truck.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
appreciate the info, you say banks defuels, what do you mean by that?
I am fairly sure Banks defuels, I know my edge does. Anyways defuel is when the tuner will cut back on the amount of fueling going into the motor based on a certain parameter, usually either boost pressure or egt. It is a nice safety feature, but in my case I don't think I have seen over 1250...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks again for the info, i guess i will try to sell. what i have seen on the forum, iguess smarty is the way to go? by the way i have never seen more than 1200 on pyro

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
thanks again for the info, i guess i will try to sell. what i have seen on the forum, iguess smarty is the way to go? by the way i have never seen more than 1200 on pyro
Well smarty is definitely one of the most popular tuners on this forum. Very flexible and versatile. The smarty jr. is like the smarty but only adds a max of 100rwhp.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
which is basically what im getting from the banks. since doing trans mods i definetly want more power.

·
Registered
80 Posts
is the smarty on the fly and can you add a display to it, like the edge?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
how is the edge vs. the smarty?
Edge Juice with the attitude monitor has a lot of safety features and it can change on the fly.

The smarty has more and flexibility.

·
Registered
80 Posts
not going to build my tranny for a couple of years so until then most of my levels on the smarty would be useless. can i run the edge maxed out without hurting the trans.?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
not going to build my tranny for a couple of years so until then most of my levels on the smarty would be useless. can i run the edge maxed out without hurting the trans.?
On the 100hp tune the edge has enough power to hurt a stock 48re. Currently I am running mine with the juice on 3, the low boost fueling on 1, and it is stacked with my ts ramifier. If I turn it up to the race tune, level 4 my trans holds ok but I can feel it needing some help.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You can turn the Juice up to level 6, and your trans will be fine, that is if you never hit the gas :lol3: Before I built my trans I kept it at 3/5, and the trans seemed all right. It has alot to do with self control. All it takes is one "let's see what it feels like on level 5" moment!

·
Registered
80 Posts
does the edge come with the sensors? for the display? don't know how far i can go on the 48re power wise

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
does the edge come with the sensors? for the display? don't know how far i can go on the 48re power wise
On my 04.5 which is a little different then your 06 but it reads the EGTs off of a pyro that they supply and the rest of the hook ups on my truck come off the injector connectors, map senor and data port. I think the 06s have a tranny temp sensor too.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The only sensor it comes with is the EGT probe. All other info it gets from the trucks computer. One of the display options is tranny slippage, but I don't think it's very accurate. I have seen little to no slip reading on hard launches, but high slip readings at times for slow cruising.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts