Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey
Im gonna get a new exhasut soon. Im gonna do a 4in down pipe into 5in. Then I dont know if I wanna go with a stack or just make it go out the back.
What do you guys think? Would a stack or stacks look good on my truck?
I hope the pic worked, it was my first time posting a pic

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice lookin truck! I am having the same predicament. I love the look of the stacks, but worry about the noise and the heat. Other than that your truck would look killer with a pair of 6"ers behind the cab:thumbsup:peelout

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
IMO, your truck would look good with stacks. Only certain trucks can pull them off. Your's looks like one of them. But also IMO, miter cuts are the ONLY stacks that look good. And only if they are flush with the top of the cab and don't stick up above the cab. I'm just picky about that. I personally just don't like any turnout style stack. Just my .02!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Where's the muffler go?

I've never seen a muffler with stacks. Where does it fit in? The noise is the main reason I don't run stacks.

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
I've never seen a muffler with stacks. Where does it fit in? The noise is the main reason I don't run stacks.
Grandrock has drop in, or you can still put a smaller performance muffler under the truck. :thumbsup

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Tennesse Chapter President
1,614 Posts
The real thing about stacks are, you have to be dedicated!! Not everyone can just cut the heck out of their bed, just to get a really cool looking truck, that sounds even better :thumbsup

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do you guys think about 1 5in witth a rain cap??
I kinda want to go with 1 because to many people have 2.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i am thinking o going with one also and i like the look of a 6

·
Registered
648 Posts
i had an idea the other night while consuming a few brewhaa's i am going to take a 6 in pipe cut on my bansaw down the middle and put a piece of 3 in flat stock in between the two halves and end up with a 6 in oval......... i like to be different while also looking good too. what do yall think? be honest now

·
Registered
450 Posts
taller stacks will be quieter, and 3 in. over the cab makes it legal to not have a muffler, I had 4' 5" stacks on my old 7.3L IDI Turbo'd ford and when hauling something they got real annoying real quick, but they did sound nice when empty, but just from experience I would say try to make the noise exit a little further up to keep it just a bit quieter in the cab, and go with 2 stackS don't do one unless you pull in an arena, one looks dumb IMO

·
Registered
751 Posts
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT DO MITERS EVERY TIME IT RAINS YOU GET SOOT ALL OVER YOUR TRUCK!!!!! IT BLOWS TO HAVE TO CLEAN IT OFF and drain holes dont stop it either

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
Do yal know how many threads there is on this topic...with the same title! Definately go with 2 and if its a SRW, don't put Bullhaulers! Put Miters or Straights on SRW. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Do yal know how many threads there is on this topic...with the same title! Definately go with 2 and if its a SRW, don't put Bullhaulers! Put Miters or Straights on SRW. Just my .02
BDC is on it....

BH's or Aussies for Dual Rear Wheels

Miters for Single Rear Wheels

That's our taste

1 - 20 of 48 Posts