Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i think im ready to pull the trigger on a stack kit.. just gotta wait for the refund.. lol

whos got the best price who wont hurt my pocket.. im looking to get 4" to 5" into 2 6" mitres.. i would love to do black cause im not a huge chrome fan.. but if i do chrome i know it will be cheaper.. but can i paint chrome?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the silverline kit. 4 inch turbo back to 5 inch y pipe ot 2 6inch mitre's. I have chrome but you can buy powder coated black ones for the same price off XDP.com The clamps are pretty bad though so i bought some kenworth band clamps and they are incredible. Ended up welding as much of the piping as I could and clamped the least amount so i could get it off if needed. Painted the piping black with grill paint so it wont rust but the stacks are chrome. like i said though, silverline sells black ones for the same price

·
Registered
2 Posts
So when you say stacks, i assume you mean "cut a hole or holes in your bed" kinda stack kit? I'm a huge diesel guy, but to me this is just not the way. Stacks are not cool at all sorry just my .02 and i'm sure i'm going to get jumped on for it, but some of these trucks cost 50 grand or more new, and to take a 5 in. hole saw to it. Ouch!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts