Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying a set of 19.5's for my 2500 and want to see pictures of all you guys setups to give me ideas. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the Vision 81's and Hankook DH01 or Goodyear 622's in 265/70/19.5. But I want to see other setups because I may see something I like better. Plus I love the looks of 19.5's on a SRW truck. So post em up guys!

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,283 Posts
when my truck was a srw, i had the visions
with bridgestone m729f 285/70's. loved the
set up. got the tires from gcr tire center,
here local, and gave $150/ea for them.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know your old setup very well. In fact I only live about 20 mins away from it. lol. Ryan's truck is where I got the idea from. I just really like the way they look on these trucks. But I don't plan to level mine so I'm just gonna stick with the 265's.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
I too am looking at a set of 19.5's. I am very happy with my KM2, but I am tired of replacing tires every 25-30K, regardless of tread. I think some 245/70/19.5 LRF G622 RSD's would be a good all-round tire.. Anyone have any experiance with them on ice/snow? I know it will be a little worse performance just based on the harder rubber, but its an 8K lb truck, so I don't think it will be really noticable but I am curious. Also, anyone ran chains on them on a Vision 81's? Any clearance issues?

Sorry to hi-jack, but I have been wanting to start the same thread.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,283 Posts
never ran chains on them or drove them in the snow.
best experience i have is really wet weather, and the
tires i ran performed great. no hydro planing, or
slipping.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that is another thing im curious about. I would like to know how the Hankook DH01 and the Goodyear 622's handle the mud. Because I spend quite a bit of time in cow pastures and such. I won't be going intentionally playing in the mud, but I need some tires that will be able to get a little traction in the slop.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,283 Posts
with such a hard tire, i bet it would lack
in mud performance, just due to that
tire is built for on road high mile applications.
the dh01 is one of the most agressive tread
patterns on 19.5 tires, so it'd prolly do
the best out of all of them.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I was thinking. Plus it's one of the cheaper ones too, so that's a plus as well.

So come on guys let's see some pics. I know there is more than just one guy on here who has run or is running 19.5's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts