Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The shysters at the resale place that I bought my truck at installed a non power pasenger seat in the truck. Maybe the original had blood all over it...maybe it was just torn/crushed. Does anyone know for sure if the fact that the passenger's power seat is unplugged has anything to do with the SRS. Saw someone mention that there's a seat sensor. Makes sense since the seatbelt light needs to know whether someone's siting in it or not. Does the SRS care? Oh yeah, the seat belt light is not illuminated. Thanks!

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
If the truck is equipped with side impact air bags there are occupant detection systems in the seat that would need to be in there.

If the side impact airbags (or any airbag for that matter) went off in the truck, the controller, inflater, and bag all need to be replaced after the accident.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the truck is equipped with side impact air bags there are occupant detection systems in the seat that would need to be in there.

If the side impact airbags (or any airbag for that matter) went off in the truck, the controller, inflater, and bag all need to be replaced after the accident.
Looks like I'm at the mercy of the dealership.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Shibby

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the occupant detection system different from whatever tells the truck that there's weight in the seat for seat belt light puposes?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
I'm not totally sure there, but it very well may be.... Does your truck have the side bags? Do you see any YELLOW connectors coming from the seat? As a USCAR design convention all airbag related connectors are molded in yellow plastic to let you know that there is potential for something to explode in your face if you unmate them at an inopportune time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not totally sure there, but it very well may be.... Does your truck have the side bags? Do you see any YELLOW connectors coming from the seat? As a USCAR design convention all airbag related connectors are molded in yellow plastic to let you know that there is potential for something to explode in your face if you unmate them at an inopportune time.
It doesn't have the side airbags. There is only one gray connection under each seat. The only USCAR yellow connections in the area are the ones that go to the seat belt reel. Thanks.

·
ACDC Chapter President aka VACAY!
7,844 Posts
A dealership will be able to tell you if the crash computer detected enough force to deploy. I believe code 51 it's impossible to erase. If the light is on the airbags will not operate. But then again if perhaps for some reason the capacitors went bad that would also turn the light on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A dealership will be able to tell you if the crash computer detected enough force to deploy. I believe code 51 it's impossible to erase. If the light is on the airbags will not operate. But then again if perhaps for some reason the capacitors went bad that would also turn the light on.
Thanks Mason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts