Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Squeaking noise....

1693 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  jonnyB
I have a squeaking noise thay sounds like it is coming from the front end. It seems like it only squeaks when i give it gas (fuel). It will squeak pretty loud but when i let off and push in the clutch it seems to quit. Please help it sounds like crap and is really embarrision. I need to get it fixed this weekend.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Could it be a u-joint, I just crawled under it and there is a u joints connected to the front axle. But that don't explain why it stops when i push in the clutch.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually when I came into work tonight a couple of guys was in the parking lot and I had then listen for me and they said it was coming from the rear. I guess thats a dead giveaway its a rear u joint. Even when they said it was in the rear it still sounded like it was coming from the front while sitting in the cab.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No doubt, I would have bet the farm it was coming from the front end. Would this explain why it wasen't as loud when I would coast out of gear.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:thumbsupJust for the record it was my rear U joint. Thanks for the help guys!!:thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.