Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a squeaking noise thay sounds like it is coming from the front end. It seems like it only squeaks when i give it gas (fuel). It will squeak pretty loud but when i let off and push in the clutch it seems to quit. Please help it sounds like crap and is really embarrision. I need to get it fixed this weekend.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Could it be a u-joint, I just crawled under it and there is a u joints connected to the front axle. But that don't explain why it stops when i push in the clutch.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
take a close look at those u joints on the axles. if they look like they have red dust at all around the seals thats a giveaway that there dry and dying. Not sure why no noise with the clutch though.
is there speed related to the issue? As in worse at certain speeds? Maybe the drive shaft u joint, makes more noise when pickin up speed as opposed to slowing down. It turns all the time so would be worth a look.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually when I came into work tonight a couple of guys was in the parking lot and I had then listen for me and they said it was coming from the rear. I guess thats a dead giveaway its a rear u joint. Even when they said it was in the rear it still sounded like it was coming from the front while sitting in the cab.

·
Registered
648 Posts
drive line noises travel through parts very easily and it will leave hangin high and dry sometimes. trust me these noises have kick my a$$ at work before

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No doubt, I would have bet the farm it was coming from the front end. Would this explain why it wasen't as loud when I would coast out of gear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
squeaks suck cause girls laugh :)

I have a squeaking noise thay sounds like it is coming from the front end. It seems like it only squeaks when i give it gas (fuel). It will squeak pretty loud but when i let off and push in the clutch it seems to quit. Please help it sounds like crap and is really embarrision. I need to get it fixed this weekend.
i have a squeak noise in my front end too. It only squeaks when i turn. I think it is a dry u-joint on the front axle.Going to check it in the next few days, i'll let you know

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:thumbsupJust for the record it was my rear U joint. Thanks for the help guys!!:thumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts