Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a high pitched squeaking noise that sounds like it is coming from the front of the engine. It sounds like an idler pulley is the culprit but I can't pin point the origin of the noise. Are there any front component(s) that have a history of squeaking? I am new to the Cummins diesels so I wanted to check here first.

Thanks
Eric

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just had my tensioner pulley changed in my 2006 5.9. I was about to go nuts. $111 for the part. It was a gamble because was not sure where the squealing was coming from.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks, I'll check it out in the morning. Where did you get the part? Local dodge dealership or parts store?

Thanks
Eric

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
double post

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
triple post.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
quadrouple post...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a similar squeaking noise too. It's sort of a low pitch squeak between idle and about 1100rpm. It will make the noise sometimes when it's sitting still (engine running of course) or when I am coming to a stop. Other times when I am rolling slow like in a parking lot. :confused013: doesn't matter if clutch is depress or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got my part from a local parts store. I changed it Monday and had no squeaks so far. If the bearing goes out you are dead in the water. That happened on my 03.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts