Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, just puting a feeler out there. Where/When would be a good G2G?

I'm thinking somewhere around Columbus, since it's pretty centrally located. And so many of us are in the outer parts of the state. If the average drive is about 2hrs, I think more people will show up. And there are some of us from NW and SW Ohio. Anybody have any ideas?
Unless us on the west side wanna do our own thing?

I'm not really wanting to raise hell, just maybe g2g and kick back for a afternoon, drink a :beer and tell fish stories! Mostly would like to put a face with the truck/screen name! :thumbsup

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
Columbus area sounds good. I don't know the area enough to pick a spot , so maybe a central Ohio member can suggest something.
If I know in advance,I can shuffle my schedule.......you thinking a family thing,just us and the trucks, girlfriends/wives?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't think about that! I'm sure my wife would come. So might as well make it a family disfunction, right?! That way nobody has to worry about ditching the wifes and kids for the day.

Doesn't have to be a ALL DAY thing either. I'd say we'd could meet at the Lima truck show, but that's always a GIANT CLUSTER [email protected](%!!!!
Besides, I like seeing REAL TRUCKS. Stuff that gets used and driven. Not some Money'd up S.O.B. that polishes his rod (I mean ride) and blows about how much money he's got.

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
How about finding a park near Columbus to meet up at in the afternoon,then go eat dinner in the evening ?
We could just hang out,polish up trucks,dream about the next mod...get to know everyone......just throwing out ideas.....I'm open to about anything.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, something like that sounds good! Might be difficult to get that many people into a food joint though. Depending on how many show.

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
I'll shoot a pm to Chris(Cepp) since he's the chapter presz..see if he has any ideas..He's about 30 min's from Columbus in Lancaster,so he might have an idea of a good place to meet.:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
heyhey!.. im up to it.. i know ts's pulls are the 26th of this month, indy is may 31-june1, just trying not to conflict with anyother stuff going on. we do a lot of pulls in the surrounding area. and when they start it seems like its every weekend theres a pull close by.

we could do a columbus meet, (quakersteak?) or lancaster meet, (2 story donatos?)

maybe holysmokes or woodsrat knows the local pull schedule so wee could plan around that.

open to ideas..

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Is there still the Quakersteak on Polaris? I use to hit bike night there alot. That would work great.

Lancaster is just about 3hrs for me. That's why I thought more north Columbus area? Especially for the boys towards Toledo. Since there is no direct interstate from Toledo to Columbus. Cleveland and Cincy boys have I71. It really cuts travel time down. More likely to show up.

Maybe shoot for June sometime?

·
Registered
356 Posts
So did we ever come up with a place that we could meet?? lol .... c-bus is only about an hour and a half for me over here on the west side of ohio...

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I wouldnt mind putting together another meet and greet here in the Toledo area. I may be able to make it down to the Columbus area also. 23 is a pretty good road for getting to Columbus:thumbsup

Mark

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just want to get together. Prefer Toledo, but Columbus would be alot more central. Mid June???

·
Registered
689 Posts
i live down in cincinnati, but if we got something togeather i would prolly be up for it.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey rebel, that's why I want something in Columbus. We stand a better chance for a good turn out from everybody all over the state. guys like us that live a couple hrs away might show up if it's only 2hrs!!!

Cepp, I mentioned that Quaker in a earlier post.... It's on polaris isn't it? Just off I71? I used to go there alot. That would be a good spot. Nice big lot to fill will soot!!!!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hey rebel, that's why I want something in Columbus. We stand a better chance for a good turn out from everybody all over the state. guys like us that live a couple hrs away might show up if it's only 2hrs!!!

Cepp, I mentioned that Quaker in a earlier post.... It's on polaris isn't it? Just off I71? I used to go there alot. That would be a good spot. Nice big lot to fill will soot!!!!!
ya columbus is pretty central for everybody really

·
Registered
91 Posts
Less talk more action!! Lets do Quakerstate at Polaris. Im getting thirsty:beer:beer:beer

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When? Memorial weekend is out. As is may 31st weekend and june 7th weekend. I probly shouldn't do anything june 21st weekend cause it's my pregnant wifes B-day. "shouldn't" anyhow!!!! HAHA.

JUNE 14th??????? Quaker Steak and Lube on Polaris Pkwy???? Sound like a date???

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cepp what do you think?? You know all the local events and available dates the best.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts