Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Spring Loaded Ball Joints

1318 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  bd797
Ok so heres the deal. I have had two dealerships tell me that I needed four ball joints, both hub bearings, and both front axle u-joints. They wanted $2400 to fix all of that. So I gather all the parts up and find a good front end shop to do the repair. He just calls me and says all he can find is one bad hub assembly on my truck. By the way this is in on the my 2005 Dodge 2500 4X4. He said that the play in the ball joints is from them being spring loaded and I have never heard of this. So whats going on here, anybody?

This front end shop has been in business for years too. They come highly recommended. Its not any fly by night shop.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I guess when he said spring loaded, I really thought spring loaded but he meant that it was meant to have vertical movement in it according to that page you referenced. How much noise could a bad hub bearing give you?

· Registered
187 Posts
The ball joints wear because they are made of junk material. Not because they are spring loaded. Are you sure they know what they're doing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.