Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Never heard of SEM... My D-Max I had Rhino Lining and wasn't too happy with it because It was so gripy that half the crap I put in the back made it peel so w/ my Cummins I did a Line-X and I couldn't be more happier with it. It's a tad expensive but well worth the price plus it looks great.

·
SuperDuperMod
2,816 Posts
One of the better do it yourself bedliners. Has a nice texture and actually holds up to some abuse, it held up to the uv better than my speedliner did.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
One of the better do it yourself bedliners. Has a nice texture and actually holds up to some abuse, it held up to the uv better than my speedliner did.
Ahh, I do it yourselfer. I probably should have looked into that before forking 450 big ones.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Ahh, I do it yourselfer. I probably should have looked into that before forking 450 big ones.
you made the right choice with the line-x...its high heat high pressure and the bond is more permanent not to mention when they prep the area they sand down to bare metal for a perfect surface...no roll-on liner will hold up like the line-x will due to the manner in which it bonds

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Rhino liners are rubbery and soft. This makes them great for gripping stuff you put on them and they take hits better and protect the underlying metal better. But they can also peel and get damaged easier. That said I have been pleased overall with my Rhino lined rockers and bed. I've had it peel up once and they fixed it for free.

Line-x liners are made of a more brittle material. This material is hard and tough, no fun to crawl in shorts on. It holds up well and is less likely to peel, but if you dent the bed often the line-x material cracks or separates from the sheet metal. That said it is a very tough, durable material. If you aren't denting the bed and just sliding heavy things around on the material, this is probably the best choice.

One liner that I've found to be a good combination of both worlds seems to be the ArmorThane liner, which is also professionally applied I think the best bet would be to ask to play with a sample of the material and also see some of the individual shop's work. No matter how great the material is, the guy who does the prep and spraying makes a big difference. Make sure the guy knows what he is doing. Look at his work on other customer trucks to see what you think before leaving them your keys.

-Chuck

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had my 99 F-250 with Rhino-wasn't happy had to have it repaired.Went to Line-X on my 2005 F-350, my 2008 F-350, and now on my smarter purchase a 2007 5.9l Dodge 3500 DRW 6spd manual and I wouldn't use anything else.Save your money if need be and wait to get the Line-X! You won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
361 Posts
What about herculiner?

·
Premium Member
7,236 Posts
I have used herculiner before. I sanded down the bed of the 2 trucks I put it in.

It will look good for about a year, then it goes downhill pretty quickly. I think it has something to do with the sun drying it out. It will start coming up eventually.

However I am going to use it to line the floor of my Jeep where it will be protected from the sun. It looks really good when it is new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts