Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Spray in Bed Liners

2432 Views 24 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  highmtncummins
What are your opinions on the spray on liners. Who's do you like and dislike. Between the name brands like "Line-X" and "Rhino" and the lesser known and do it yourselfers. Want to get mine done soon and trying to pick what will be the best. TIA
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
645 Posts

· Registered
707 Posts
I've had Rhino on my last two trucks and love it, it will outlast the truck for sure. My buddy tried the DIY Herculiner and it's crap for a truck bed....goes on thin and peels off pretty quickly.

· Registered
1,384 Posts
I got Line-X in my truck now and I think it's a better product than the rest. I had an off-brand in the last truck which was pretty soft and always had problems with it peeling off it you wasn't extremely careful. My friend has a rhino liner in his truck and it was just as soft as my off brand and he had the same problem with it peeling, although it wasn't as bad as mine was. The Line-X in this truck is super hard compared to the other liner's I've seen and it really hard to peel off. I've managed to get a couple small chips out of it with the corners of my toolbox and various metal objects that I haul around, but no where near as bad as it was with the rhino. I've got details of the install on my page (sig).

· Registered
548 Posts
What are your opinions on the spray on liners. Who's do you like and dislike. Between the name brands like "Line-X" and "Rhino" and the lesser known and do it yourselfers. Want to get mine done soon and trying to pick what will be the best. TIA
Line X is the best and worth every penny. Dealers include a lifetime warranty and mine has stood up to 3k totes on wooden pallets with no issues at all.

No-name DIY brands are worthless wastes of money for any kind of heavy work.

· Registered
26 Posts
line-x, line-x, line-x. i have a line-x bed, and rocker panels, and it might possibly be bullet proof. i have done the diy bed liners, and they don't even come close, at all.

· Registered
369 Posts
line x all the way

· Registered
1,437 Posts
I did Line-X in my 94. It held up well and I liked it.
I bought the heavy Dodge rubber bed and tailgate mats for my 08 and like them. I figure if the bed gets all scratched up, I can always Line-X it.

· Registered
1,659 Posts
Line-X in my last six trucks and no complaints. I've seen some rhino's on my friends truck and looks like crap (small chunks missing from having misc loads in the bed over time) compared to Line-X..

· Smells like Bananas
9,086 Posts
Personal favorite is Super Liner. It has the strongest tensile strength out of all of them with a lift time warranty. What Rhino liner fads in 1 yr it takes Super Liner to fad to that same shade in 10 yrs. They all fad and I have yet to see one stand up to the Super Liner. The best part about Super Liner, if it ever looks as if the color is fadding you just scrub it with dish washing soap and it comes out pretty black again with the rubber feel to it. I have found the thick liners to chip and peel very easy. The thinner ones hold up much better.

I have Extreme Liner in my truck now, its good but I wish I had a Super Liner in it.

· Registered
256 Posts
Line-x is better hands down, had it on all my trucks. It's looks better and holds up better than Rhino liners on my buddies Chevy's. Is that a factory option for Chevy's? It seems all my friends with Durasnacks have Rhino liners...I guess they're just prone to making the wrong choice!!

· New Guy
63 Posts
I had rhino in my 1500, a pallet of landscaping stones tore it up. Had line-x in my 06. Loved it, very durable to anything I threw on it. Now in my 08 I have an off brand done by my buddies body shop. Not sure of the actual brand, but it is sprayed in and color matched just like Line-x and still has a lifetime warranty. Did the bed and rockers and up behind the fender flares this time. Love it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.