Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Sponges, RFI and lock-up

647 6
I have read the archived threads about 99 four valve cummins that jump in and out of lock-up at 45 to 50 mph. Well, thats the problem I have and I have put a new Mopar alt on,replaced and cleaned the bat terminals. I like the idea of the noise filters and I am now trying to assemble the required components. I need some diffinitive instructions on the exact procedures if someone would be so kind. Thanks in advance, Tom
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,276 Posts
for less than 10 bucks dave at bd will sell you the surefire wont ever happen again kit. ifixed mine that way right before i was gonna sell it..i was gonna git rid of that truk cuz of it but i didnt and the kit fixd it good.....order the kit from dave

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply diesel beef. How do I get in touch w/ Dave at bd? Sorry but I don't get out much.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks big blue, will try that today! I was able to find a braided ground cable and some actual aluminum duct tape and may try that route. I guess the theory is similar to an aM antenna in that the coils of wire act as an antenna to the RFI give it a place to go. Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.