Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Spoiler for Dodge Question: Mopar OEM Dodge Ram High-Rise Daytona Style Spoiler 02-08

2633 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Plasticarmymen
I read on a previous thread about a tailgate spoiler which could be obtained by the dealership for about 85 bucks and might help with gas mileage by pushing the vortex created when the truck is traveling at high way speeds further away. (You can see it at this link: Mopar OEM Dodge Ram Tailgate Spoiler 02-09 - AutoTruckToys.com)

My question, does the Mopar OEM Dodge Ram High Rise Daytona Style Spoiler do the same thing? Anyone with experience or has one on their truck? Or is it just for "show" ???

Mopar OEM Dodge Ram High-Rise Daytona Style Spoiler 02-08 (Mopar OEM Dodge Ram High-Rise Daytona Style Spoiler 02-08 - AutoTruckToys.com)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Second Most Important Member
2,027 Posts
i dont think spending 600$ for a wing is going to save on fuel mileage. it looks a little ricey to me too.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I agree. I'd never spend 600 bucks in attempt to save 1mpg if that. The website obviously is a bit pricey and I can probably find something like that in our sweet NC junk yards for a fraction of the price. I'm just pondering long term cosmetics for showing the truck later down the road...

· Registered
5,869 Posts
That thing is for trucks that never get used as a truck. Most of the Daytonas I see have that thing removed too.
It's the regular old tailgate spoiler that is supposed to give better mileage. Even if it doesn't it's worth the money because it looks great and it really makes it easier to open and close the tailgate. I have one and the bad part for me is that I cannot put my cap back on unless I pull the spoiler off or the back window won't close....
Don't expect to see a noticeable mileage gain. It's like .1 or .2% that it supposedly gives...

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha. My truck is a daily driver. With two wheel drive in this NC sand, it never goes off a compacted dirt road. Mainly judsst highway miles. I plan on making it pretty later down the road and thought about this piece and it it gave any mileage gains. But I do use the bed for yard projects so a wing like the Daytona rig wouldn't be practical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.